“Better than I ever expected...”

Swamp Adventures LLC
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Luling
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Airboat tours offered daily just 25 minutes from downtown New Orleans. Round trip transportation available
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I absolutely was not going to go on a swamp tour. Absolutely NOT. But the friend I was traveling with insisted... and I finally gave in.
And honestly - - our trip to Louisiana would have been incomplete without this excursion!

Caption Joe Colletti was incredibly informed about the swamp and everything in it - trees, snakes, alligators, flora etc... It was so informational as well as thrilling riding around the swamp and seeing all it had to offer.

At the end of it all we called him the Alligator Whisperer - his relationship to the alligators was amazing. He has true respect for this animal as well as truly seems to enjoy his interactions.

I cannot recommend this experience enough - it was incredible!!

All reviews
"wealth of knowledge"
"lots of fun"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Was a little skeptical at first but trust me, its well worth the money. Just the airboat ride alone was worth it all but everything else was a big plus. Captain Joe was our guide and is very knowledgeable about the swamp. If you are in New Orleans, I highly recommend this outfitter.

1  Thank Sandy W
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife, 2 sons and I took a trip to the Big Easy this past week and on our last day we booked a swamp tour with Swamp Adventures. All I can say is WOW! Our tour guide Joe was the best. I can't imagine anyone being more knowledgeable and informative about the swamp. In addition to the history lesson we received, we saw atleast 25 alligators ranging from babys, to dinosaurs, and Joe fed them all. Best of all, my boys got to feed and even pet the biggest alligator I have ever seen in my life. I highly recommend Swamp Adventures and Captain Joe.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Rainy morning in Louisiana - Thought for sure this would cancel our plans -- We were running late, the office called and confirmed we were still coming -- they chose to hold up the tour even though we were a few minutes late.

Nice tour -- ask for Capt. Louis -- extremely friendly, informative and entertaining... Lots of gator interaction, up close photos -- allows the kids to even take a shot at driving the airboat...

Lots of fun, relaxing and entertaining... We will definitely go back for another trip next year...

See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Before this trip, my only traveling consisted of B.C., Yukon and Alaska. My girl took me south to show me her southern roots and I did not know what to expect. After a bit of venturing, we stumbled across Swamp Adventures driving by. I have ventured some crazy places and have witnessed some awesome animal and scenic encounters, so I thought I'd see what Louisiana had to offer. I felt a bit skeptical at first when I seen it was called " Sporstmans Paradise ", as I am from a land that offers some of the most breathtaking wildlife and views. I had never been on a fan boat or seen a gator so we checked it out. Came up just as they were coming back with a group. Louis, Lewis? was our Captain, and I don't think we could have asked for anyone better. Took just the two of us out. I won't say exactly what happened, but I will say when I paid at the start, I thought it was a rip off, and by the end, I honestly felt like I was the one stealing out of their pocket. Louis knows exactly what he is talking about, as I have an eye for people that understand the lay of their land above and beyond others. He is a very intelligent man and you could talk to the guy for ten minutes on the dock and get your monies worth if you're asking the right questions and respect what it is he his showing and teaching you. I hope to make it back for one more ride before he retires. Thanks for the experience, as it is one I will never forget!