“Epic Night”

The Gamekeepers
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Excellent food - All 50. Yes 50 of us had amazing meals, all cooked to order and Will & Ollie the duo band was totally awesome. We danced the night away. The Staff we're not overwhelmed and took it all in their stride. Our party ranged from 16 to 84 years and had nothing but praise for Phil and the team. Steaks - heavenly. Venison - delish' . The Burns Night table teasers were simply Devine. Go - try . We did !!!!

4  Thank depudydawg

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Wish there were more places like this to eat! Food superb and service very good. My husband and I went out for my birthday and it was really enjoyable. Would thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank Katkitbit
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Tucked away in the North Hampshire countryside, around Basingstoke, this genuine country pub/restaurant is definitely worth seeking out if you want excellent quality food and game especially. I've been a few times and most recently took my colleagues here for a Christmas lunch. The service was superb, smiley faces all round, and lots of information from Phil on the menu of the day (it changes day by day depending on what's good). We mostly ate turkey, cooked beautifully, but also venison, beef, and vegetarian. My colleague with the venison was particularly impressed.There's a few ales on draught which also drew praise. Overall lovely food, great atmosphere, great service - we'll be back.

1  Thank SIXOCLOCKTICKET
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Me and my partner visited last weekend food all very nice with not so good service. Friendly enough but with the prices they charge you at least expect when you order a bottle of wine for the waitress to ask if you want to taste ,or even pour not just put the bottle on the table.

Menu very limited, wouldn't recommend vegetarians to visit.

When ordered wine we were asked if we would like any water, after agreeing we were faced with the option of 'still or sparking'? no tap option, when looking through the bill we were charged £3.95 for less than 1Litre of water.......... we though this a little expensive!!!!!

Overall our bill came to over £160 for 2 people with service included. You can visit a 2x Michelin star pub in Marlow have the same amount of food and drink and see a smaller bill!!! (Hand and Flowers!!)

Wont be rushing back.

5  Thank CLS92
Reviewed November 30, 2013

As usual the gamekeepers was simply superb. After an all day business meeting i took 9 customers to dinner at here. The service as fantastic as it always is and the food and wine were fantastic. I always have the baked cheese followed by the beef which were great, but this time I tried a sticky toffee Sunday for pudding...please try it it was Fab!!