“Nice old style hotel”

The Wellington Arms
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed at a nice old style hotel with friendly staff and comfortable rooms. No banging at silly o"clock and food good although a bit pricey. Great location on A33 outside basingstoke but not too far.Within easy reach of Reading and the M4 and the M3 . In the country but only just with a petrol station a few miles toward Basingstoke and also large shopping centre out of town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I joined some friends for a Reunion Dinner here and was frankly very disappointed with meal that was served up, I prefer my meal to be served on hot plate rather than a dish or platter. I appreciate that this is some sort of trendy way of doing things but its not for me. Would have accepted it if the food had been above average but it was not! The menu was frankly somewhat limited. It was in my opinion rather expensive at £40.00 per head for two courses a bottle wine and a few drinks

The general ambiance was however rather good with its Christmas theme. Not a place I will rush back to

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have just celebrated a special birthday at The Wellington. My friends and family all stayed in the hotel overnight. Firstly, the Wellington offered an excellent venue for my party, the service was excellent and The Hampshire Suite a perfect setting.
Some of my family had travelled a long way for the event and commented upon the delicious food that they ordered at the bar.
We were also delighted at what good value it was to stay in the hotel . The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good.
The hotel looked particularly pretty with the lovely Christmas decorations and roaring log fires.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Am currently staying here at the Wellington Arms, and I can honestl say the staff could not have been more pleasant. A real pleasure. My pint never gets past two fingers left and I'm asked if I'd like another one. Breakfast is bob on. The dinners are awesome and the pub itself is really nicely done out.

The rooms are ok, I had a single room, which was of single size, but it was clean with a tv, good shower etc, everything you really need.

All in all, thanks for a nice stay to everyone working here, nice one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband took me here with my daughter 1 year old for my birthday. Food was reasonably priced and good pub food. It also catered for children with great dishes such as fish and chips homemade. Everything is beautifully presented on wooden boards. We will definately go again on our own so we can enjoy the food in peace! Looks impressive from the outside and lives up to expectation on the inside without being stuffy.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we know Hall Woodhouse they are good.this Hotel is up another slot.for £50 a night per couple you wont beat it.the evening dinner was £69 for 2.the food was excellant qualltiy.in between Reading and Basingstoke perfect stop over.every thing about it was good.includes a full breakfast.miss it at your peril.

Room Tip: book on line