“Lovely Weekend break”

Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nately Scures
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked a Saturday dinner B&B deal and fully enjoyed it. We are both seasoned travellers and spend a lot of time in hotels on business. From start to finish, we were impressed with the customer service. Friendly, helpful and attentive. Ten out of ten for Kris at reception and all staff in the restaurant.

We had an upgraded room on the top floor which was airconditioned, handy with the very warm weather. Great bed and super bathroom; huge and clean.

Although we had booked a stay which included the meal, it didn't feel like a 'low cost' option. All three courses were lovely, served by attentive waiters and happy to make small amendments at no extra cost.

All in all, would certainly recommend. We used it as a base to go to Hampton Court, which was around 45 minutes driving away. Great hotel, just of the M3 in beautiful surroundings.

1  Thank Tulip1964

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed as a family in 3 rooms for a weekend to visit RAF Odiham's Famiy Day. It was a wonderful stay, we all enjoyed the hotel. The staff were all very pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for them. The room my husband and I were given was not what we expected, it was very large and yes, it did need a little updating, the toilet didn't flush as well as it could - but that could be a water pressure thing. The hot water was extemely hot all the time - no waiting for it at all ! The only complaint and it's not really a complaint was the quality of the toilet paper ! It was very cheap paper and, for such a lovely hotel, it let's it down. I understand it's down to cost but really, pay cheap and pay twice - get some good quality stuff in !

I know one of my son's did have a problem with the air conditioning not working and it was the hottest weekend of the year so far so they really needed it. It was reported and supposed to have been fixed but it broke down again. It was so hot that they were taking cold showers at 2am to cool down ! This (and the toilet paper) was the only complaints any of us had.

All in all I would recommend this hotel and would hope to stay there in the future. Thank you Basingstoke Country Hotel for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I spent two nights here midweek. The hotel was busy mostly business people. There was no information about the hotel facilities or the local area but the receptionist was helpful and explained the opening hours for the pool and fitness centre when i enquired,but when I arrived at the pool there was a children's swimming lesson going on so I decided not to use it. The room was clean a bit cramped but fine for a couple of nights. The food was ok, at dinner I ordered a side salad and had almost finished my meal by the time it arrived. The staff were friendly but a bit disorganised,the wine I wanted had to be brought from the restaurant each time I ordered at the bar.The wifi was free and did not require a password to log on. Unfortunately my credit card was cloned following a purchase I made on my kindle while staying at this hotel. Of course it could have been a co incidence but I wonder if some one hacked my account from an insecure network ?

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I booked a short weekend stay. The staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful. The hotel was clean, the food very nice and I felt it was good value for money. Its about 40 min drive from Windsor but Windsor is well worth visiting. Get there for 11am and watch the changing of the guard, British pageantry at its best. So I would recommend the hotel, The swimming pool is a bonus, the Jacuzzi was not working, but the pool was sufficient for our needs. We booked an executive room which was well presented with nice comfortable bedding and beds. Large screen tv, tea/coffee facilities.

Room Tip: Look for one overlooking the lovely gardens or pool on the second floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a very disappointing stay. We booked an upgraded room with champagne on arrival. No champagne ever arrived. The room was large, but more like an office than a hotel room and the TV didn't even work. In fact the cable from the tv to the aerial socket wasn't even long enough! The restaurant food was ok, but the bar service very disappointing, we won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on an upgrade!
2  Thank Gary M
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very happy with our stay at Basingstoke Country Hotel, there was a school prom going on and the gentleman on reception kindly upgraded our room which was lovely. Food very good. Will definitely be using this hotel again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked via Travelzoo, really nice break, Excellent value for money, staff were excellent and food good, cannot fault the stay in anyway. Would recommend hotel and its staff.
Although the location is on the main A30 it does not feel like you are on a busy main road, The Hogget pub nearby was ok but preferred the Raven in Hook ( Not far from Tescos)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nately Scures
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick
Audleys Wood Hotel
Audleys Wood Hotel
#4 of 13 in Basingstoke

Been to Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!