“Lunch”

Not your Mama's Cafe and Tavern
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

The rolls are delicious!!! The Stack was wonderful, but the Catfish Sarah was better. Fresh coffee and deserts looked fabulous but we didn’t order dessert, because we didn’t have room for anything else. Other dishes we saw, po-boys, salads...all looked great.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

When I am in town I make it a point to eat here. I have always had great service and food. They have a nice selection of craft beers on tap and bottles. The food is great and have some nice specials. Thanks again for making our dinner a great one!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018

The food is good, and the prices are a bit on the expensive side. What makes this place a deal breaker is the unreasonable amount of time that one must wait for their food. I know that they say they make fresh from scratch, but 2-3 hour wait times to get one's order on a slow night is unacceptable. Busy nights are even longer. These long wait times are the norm for the 10+ times I have been Shanghaied by friends and family to go here over the years. If they could do something about the wait times this would be a top notch restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018
Stephanie E, Owner at Not your Mama's Cafe and Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Hello,
thank you for taking the time to review us and providing us with your feedback. I would like to apologize that you experienced a wait, as we do train our employees to be as timely as possible. We hope that you can give us another chance in the future so we can redeem ourselves in your eyes!

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Located on Hwy 190, it will creep up on you if you’re not looking out for it. We stopped here on the way to Baton Rouge, and again on the way back home to central Louisiana.

One trip we ordered an appetizer of onion rings, and my husband and I both ordered po-boy sandwiches.

The onion rings were huge, tender, and fresh; the appetizer could have easily fed 4 people, maybe even 6. They were very good, but a little on the mild side.

My fried catfish po-boy was big, well fried, though too mild for me - I would’ve like a little spicy kick to it. The bread was excellent and fresh, with toppings of lettuce mayo and tomato.

I wish I would’ve taken food pics of our first visit there. I ordered the Slap Ya Mama Chicken dish, and my husband ordered the Chicken Parmesan. I didn’t taste his, but it was the biggest order of Chicken Parm I’ve ever seen in my life! It looked delicious- and did I mention huge?!

The Slap Ya Mama Chicken dish was very large, as well, and full of flavor. A generous bed of rice was covered with lots of mushrooms, crawfish etouffe (a spicy, creamy sauce with nuggets of crawfish), grilled chicken, and cheese. Great Cajun flavor .

As you are seated, you are served these yummy, yeasty rolls that seemed like a cross between biscuits and yeast rolls. Delish!

We were way too full to order dessert, but I took a picture of their beautiful display case of desserts. When we were there, they were serving GIANT pieces of chocolate cake with fudgy frosting, and huge cookies. My mouth watered just looking at them, but my tummy said, “ain’t noooo way”.

The atmosphere of the restaurant looks like old barn pieces, and is very charming.

This is a good stop, but be ready to bring home doggie bags

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Great restaurant and bar! The food is delicious, and the atmosphere is great! The staff is very friendly. If you like great food and a relaxing atmosphere, this is the place to be!! And don’t forget to leave room for dessert!!

Date of visit: July 2018