“Decent for the money”
Review of Days Inn Leesville

Days Inn Leesville
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have stayed here several times over the last 4 years or so. I am in the military and we use this hotel for rooms.

Goods- located on a main road which has several "fast food" and Cafe style restaurants. There is the Catfish Junction which seems to be a local favorite. All rooms have good Air conditioning. The hotel has a pool which is pretty big with tables and chairs placed around it. There are washers and dryers on site which take quarters to use. This hotel is about 15 minutes from Ft.Polk. Hotel has a small workout area with treadmil and Bike. There is a nice Thai restaurant located in the hotel. There is a free breakfast in the morning with cereal's , waffles and eggs/biscuits. The management and staff are very nice.

Bads- Wi-Fi is very up and down. It all depends how close you are to the relay antenna's which are placed around the hotel. Rooms are average at best and need to be updated. They do have newer flat screen TV's but the bathrooms are a little beat up. There is also issues with the security of the rooms in regards to room keys(issued). I won't go into detail on here.

Overall the place is decent and the staff are very nice. It just needs a little more of a pick me up in regards to up keep. There are several newer hotels in the area and if they want to keep their locals they will need to keep up with the pack....

Mort439----------OUT

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mort439
Dobby E, General Manager at Days Inn Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Thank you for this review and for staying with us during your visit to Leesville.We have done a complete remodel since your last stay and have also upgraded our wifi to better accommodate our guest.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Leesville

Reviewed September 1, 2011

The staff at the Days Inn are some of the most hospitable you will find down south. I loved my time with them. The rooms are comfortable and the TVs are brand new too! In the morning, I had a huge, hot breakfast from muffins and hot coffee to fresh waffles. I'd go back to stay here in the future, no questions asked!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KPGPat

We thank you and enjoyed providing you with a great experience.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Needed a place at or below per diem for work related travel, this was one of the few...

Plus:
- cost
- quiet
- wi-fi varied from mediocre to good

Negatives:
- Staff ignored my web based non-smoking reservation ("I don't look at the reservations" - staff) and put me in a smoker's room! Absolutely unacceptable. The replacement room was not what I reserved and still had a poor odor.

- The rooms were older and not quite as clean as one would like.

- Even though I had a guaranteed rate, the staff screwed up the charge. This is a 2 star review assuming they correct the charge in short order.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ScottyBe

Thank you for your comments.I do apologize for your less than wonderful experience during your stay.We have done a complete renovation since your last stay to better serve our guest to include wifi upgrades.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

had to stay in leesville,la for business out at fort polk.not a whole lot of choices available.two other hotels were too high,two were in the same price range but not fit for humans and the two cheapest,well let's just say you get what you pay for.this days inn was perfect for our guys.great location,friendly staff,clean rooms and a FULL breakfast.i had read previous reviews and was a little leary but i'm glad we stayed here.well worth it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank shotz34

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed November 4, 2010

My son-in-law was heading to Afghanistan and so we went down to say good-by and show our support. There are NOT a lot of choices there so we decided on this hotel. While it's not the Taj Mahal, it was clean, no bedbugs, and there was breakfast. We checked in and out easily so overall the stay was just fine. The rooms are small, especially the bathroom. The grounds were nice and kept up and the weather was awesome - especially for late October. I would recommend this, especially if you don't want to pay a lot. They did up the cost of the rooms by $30.00 because of everyone deploying and there were a lot of families visiting so that was a bummer, but worth it just to see him off!

Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank bkifan1

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

The front desk staff got my reservation wrong 4 times to start with. When I got there, one of the staff was using the phone in my room. Before I left, three to four dollars of change was stolen by the staff. Also, the lounge was awful!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Dobby E, General Manager at Days Inn Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

I do apologize for the mix up with your reservations but do appreciate you for posting this.I wish you had taken a moment to report any missing items as this is not tolerated.I aslo thank you for staying with us and do hope if you are in the area you book with us as I would like the opportunity to make your stay a positive experience.

Reviewed December 23, 2009

I'm surprised that this place is still in business. I had to choose this hole once because the place I usually stayed at had no rooms. I thought to myself, 'How bad could it be?'
The service here is not malicious, just clueless. The rooms were old, needed refurbishing, carpet was awful, and if the diesel engines running all night next to the hotel weren't enough to make me want to leave, then the trains behind the hotel certainly did.
If this place charges military per diem, the installation commander at Fort Polk should seriously consider listing this place as off-limits for theft and graft. It would be shocking if our military members paid the full per diem price for this place.

Avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and I do apologize for your less than pleasant experience.We have done a complete remodel and new staff since your last stay in efforts to better accommodate you.As for being placed off limits for theft and graft I'm sure yoy know as well as anyone that this type of activity would have to be or have taken place for that to be considered which in this hotel's case is not.