“Underwhelmed”
Review of Days Inn Leesville

Days Inn Leesville
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Needed a place at or below per diem for work related travel, this was one of the few...

Plus:
- cost
- quiet
- wi-fi varied from mediocre to good

Negatives:
- Staff ignored my web based non-smoking reservation ("I don't look at the reservations" - staff) and put me in a smoker's room! Absolutely unacceptable. The replacement room was not what I reserved and still had a poor odor.

- The rooms were older and not quite as clean as one would like.

- Even though I had a guaranteed rate, the staff screwed up the charge. This is a 2 star review assuming they correct the charge in short order.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ScottyBe
Dobby E, General Manager at Days Inn Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Thank you for your comments.I do apologize for your less than wonderful experience during your stay.We have done a complete renovation since your last stay to better serve our guest to include wifi upgrades.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

had to stay in leesville,la for business out at fort polk.not a whole lot of choices available.two other hotels were too high,two were in the same price range but not fit for humans and the two cheapest,well let's just say you get what you pay for.this days inn was perfect for our guys.great location,friendly staff,clean rooms and a FULL breakfast.i had read previous reviews and was a little leary but i'm glad we stayed here.well worth it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank shotz34

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed November 4, 2010

My son-in-law was heading to Afghanistan and so we went down to say good-by and show our support. There are NOT a lot of choices there so we decided on this hotel. While it's not the Taj Mahal, it was clean, no bedbugs, and there was breakfast. We checked in and out easily so overall the stay was just fine. The rooms are small, especially the bathroom. The grounds were nice and kept up and the weather was awesome - especially for late October. I would recommend this, especially if you don't want to pay a lot. They did up the cost of the rooms by $30.00 because of everyone deploying and there were a lot of families visiting so that was a bummer, but worth it just to see him off!

Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank bkifan1

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

The front desk staff got my reservation wrong 4 times to start with. When I got there, one of the staff was using the phone in my room. Before I left, three to four dollars of change was stolen by the staff. Also, the lounge was awful!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Dobby E, General Manager at Days Inn Leesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

I do apologize for the mix up with your reservations but do appreciate you for posting this.I wish you had taken a moment to report any missing items as this is not tolerated.I aslo thank you for staying with us and do hope if you are in the area you book with us as I would like the opportunity to make your stay a positive experience.

Reviewed December 23, 2009

I'm surprised that this place is still in business. I had to choose this hole once because the place I usually stayed at had no rooms. I thought to myself, 'How bad could it be?'
The service here is not malicious, just clueless. The rooms were old, needed refurbishing, carpet was awful, and if the diesel engines running all night next to the hotel weren't enough to make me want to leave, then the trains behind the hotel certainly did.
If this place charges military per diem, the installation commander at Fort Polk should seriously consider listing this place as off-limits for theft and graft. It would be shocking if our military members paid the full per diem price for this place.

Avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and I do apologize for your less than pleasant experience.We have done a complete remodel and new staff since your last stay in efforts to better accommodate you.As for being placed off limits for theft and graft I'm sure yoy know as well as anyone that this type of activity would have to be or have taken place for that to be considered which in this hotel's case is not.

Reviewed October 22, 2006

First of all, they gave me the room key to someone else's room when I checked in. When I went to get My room key, the reply was "well it happens sometimes". When I got to my room the bathroom was not clean and had urine in the toilet and it came with the stinch.
Second, the lounge is a smoke filled little room. They never air it out. I smoke and I was disgusted when I walked in. If anyone has ever been in a smoking room in an airport, you know what I'm talking about. It was also the hang out for the local drunks.
The rooms are a little out of date but it stayed with the theme of this little town.
Other than that, the staff was friendly and it is conveniant to Ft. Polk. It's an okay place for a short stay. And the cost should warn you of what you are getting. Just bring some clorox wipes with you and be careful when you open the door after checking in.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kriste79

Thank you for posting this review and for staying with us.I would like to invite you back if you are ever in the area in an effort to win your trust and prove that we here at Days Inn can provide you with a much better experience with our newly renovated rooms and new staff.

A TripAdvisor Member
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2006

For the past five years I have stayed here 3-4 days a week. It has always been clean--can't imagine where the review complaining about rats came from! A colleague or I lodge there from March-October and have never found conditions remotely resembling that! There is noise, from a train and sometimes from other travelers. The train is inescapable anywhere in Leesville. "White noise" from the air conditioner provides some relief.
Cleaning staff is efficient and friendly.
Rooms have a microfridge and microwave--convenient and cost-saving for those who wish to "eat in"--plus iron and ironing board, hair dryer, and big TV. The pool and jacuzzi are always clean and inviting. There is a room of exercise equipment and a lounge/bar but I haven't checked out either one.
The complimentary breakfast is the best I've found--well beyond doughnut-and-coffee! Fresh waffles are a special treat.
Special services cater to frequent military guests, such as drop-off and delivery of uniform cleaning, with starch to order.
The building is older, but generally well kept for its age with maintenance, renovations and improvements. Twice, my room phone has not worked, and some refrigerators are cold enough to freeze salads (but great for cold drinks!). I don't think there is an elevator. You get fewer complimentary toiletries than at Hiltons or Sheratons, but soap and shampoo are provided.
Besides breakfast, my favorite feature is all the cheery flowers and other plants, tended by the owner's garden-loving wife.
It's pleasant and a good deal for the price (government per diem rates in my case). After trying other local accommodations, I have chosen to stay here for the entire duration of our project.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

I truly appreciate when a guest post true and genuine experiences,not the exaggerated ones but I do appreciate each and every guest and their reviews.It's each guest's reviews that help us to provide you with a great experience.Thank you for posting this and for stayingwith us.