“Best hotel in the area”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Tucson, Arizona
“Best hotel in the area”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here four nights total, on two different trips. The front desk clerk let us check in early which was a life saver after traveling a long distance. There was a little trouble with the internet but I will blame that on the weather. **IMPORTANT FACT** Verizon wireless does not work at the hotel. I had to walk towards the front of the entrance off of the main road in order to get any service. We received a knock on our door about 2:00am and as I looked through the peep hole I could tell it was a semi-drunk person that was confused on which room his buddy was in. I ignored him and called the front desk to alert them. They took care of it and I did not hear him knocking anymore after that. I assume he found his correct room.

I had to fax some paperwork back home and the front desk clerk was very professional and ensured it went through before I left to go back to my room.

The breakfast was perfect for what it was. I especially love their cinnamon roles!

Over all it was a great stay. If that semi-drunk person wasn't knocking on my door I would of rated it excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. The rooms are very clean and pretty quite. The only thing I would change is the settings of the a/c units. There is not an "auto" setting. So the air runs all the time. The staff is very nice and helpful. Breakfast is great and the coffee is good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Broadway, North Carolina
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I'm glad I picked this location. The great service I expect from a HI Express. They do not get a national newspaper but I enjoyed reading the Alexandria local news.

Unlike my other experiences in other HIE's, the breakfast was always stocked and attended by friendly employees. I have stayed here twice and I will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
St Simons island ga
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great staff from the entire front desk (Jen Nora, beer chick, willy, Phillis, and Tammy). They helped make my long stay outstanding. Housekeeping under the watchful eye of MS Liz made coming home to clean room with a lot of TLC a joy and she truly cares about her staff and rooms it shows she loves her job and her staff does an outstanding job.

My hats off to the management here they have assembled a great team and I look forward to the next time I have to travel this way

Room Tip: Any room is good but I like the 2nd floor best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Riverside
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had a late trip and showed up at Holiday Inn in Leesville. Nice clean rooms, good price and worth the stay. Beds are a little bit firm but when your tired, anything feels good. Not too many decent places to eat so take advantage of the Continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Breakfast was good, eat there because not too many good restraunts in the area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
shreveport
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just want to thank the Holiday Inn Express at Leesville for treating me like family. I stayed there last month, and I had some issues with getting a few work and personal things done on time. The Front Desk helped me get them done on time. The best part? I stopped by there today, January 10th, to see if I may have left my laptop behind during my stay in December. Well, I did leave it behind and the Front Desk had it waiting for me with big smiles on their face!!!

I can't thank you guys enough. I wanted to stay with you on this trip, but you were all booked up! I can see why. I can't thank you enough for everything you did!! I will be seeing you next month.

Thanks, Mary Seiler

Room Tip: I loved the King size bed room. It was very well decorated and up to date.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lauderdale, Mississippi
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here for about two weeks for business on Ft. Polk. Didn't really find anything too extraordinary good or bad.

Good points: Hotel seemed fairly new-ish so rooms were in good repair. Internet was fast but did have problems on a few days that were quickly resolved. Hotel was near where most of the food eating places (I refuse to call some of these places "restaurants") and the local Wal-Mart.

Bad parts: It's in Leesville. Oh yeah, the parking is limited along the pool-side and front of the building and that's where most people seem to want to park. Lastly, except for the very first day, my keycard refused to work on any of the side entrances so had to walk around to the front everytime.

Everything else was a typical HIX experience if you've ever been to one.

FYI: Nothing to do with hotel but when traveling on Main St (AKA US171), you might experience a violent up-and-down pitching motion with your vehicle. Relax, this is normal due to the road.

Room Tip: Avoid Leesville. Barring that, Northside rooms overlooked the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business