“Excellent accommodation!”
Review of The Booker-Lewis

The Booker-Lewis
Ranked #1 of 2 Leesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Booker-Lewis for business, and was only able to stay one night. I would have loved to stay longer. I was booked in La Casita, which was a beautiful, cozy and very private. I had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, where I had the Parmesan and Asparagus soup and a chicken cannoli--both amazing! I left early in the morning, so at dinner the night before I put in an order for a to-go breakfast. The breakfast menu looked amazing and was designed to suit a number of tastes. This hotel is truly a gem in the rough! A must-stay when in the Leesville or Ft Polk area.

Room Tip: Call when booking a room, they all have various amenities that can be best identified by the staff.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KBE602

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I just have to comment on the high quality Booker Lewis has to offer. The breakfast buffet this Sunday was wonderful. I was truly impressed by all the delicious tempting foods offered. The staff goes above and beyond to make your dining experience the best. The young lady serving was an absolute delight and the chef was so charming. Thanks again for a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vena H
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Vena - Thanks for the great feedback. Our staff really works hard to exceed our guests expectations!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Booker-Lewis House recently. The property is amazing! Very professional staff, super friendly! The resturant was awesome, chef really knows what he's doing. They went the extra mile to ensure my accounting was correct for filing with my travel voucher. I can't say enough good things....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank James B
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thanks for the great review James and I'm glad our staff was able to accommodate you and make your experience so enjoyable! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just returned from a three day visit to Fort Polk/Leesville and stayed at The Booker-Lewis. What a great place to stay. The rooms were quaint, unique, and very comfortable. The owner, Robert Rose, and his staff were very attentive and friendly. The on-site pub is a really nice place to unwind and enjoy a generous drink on the veranda. The location is very quiet and the property has a park like feel to it with lots of trees and flowering shrubs, including pecan trees which Robert generously offered the opportunity to harvest. What a treat, especially for someone who lives in an area without these magnificent plants. As a cat lover, I also appreciated the tiger striped cat who welcomed me back to the grounds every evening. A cooked to order breakfast is included in the room charges and was extremely satisfying, especially the BIG cup of coffee. Dinner at the on-site restaurant was top-notch and the food quality was on par with elegant dining in much bigger cities. I had a great time at this property and would encourage anyone to give this place a try, You definitely will not regret your choice. I am in agreement with the Terminator on this B&B, I'll be back. Thanks Robert for a very memorable and enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank pulpoeater
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thanks so much for the great remarks about our property! Our staff works very hard to exceed our guest's expectations and it's always good to hear how we"re doing. We look forward to your next trip back to The Booker-Lewis!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

FOrt Polk is rural, and not nice rural. The restaurants consist of Taco Bell, Burger King, you get my drift. So, Booker Lewis is a welcome surprise...Lovely old house, big porch, just gracious. THe dining is on par with a big city establishment. Delicious and varied and unexpected. I am so happy for this place! Lovely bar, competent wine list, well done menu....cannot be any happier!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank cathysterling
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I travel to Fort Polk a couple times s year, and for the past 4-5 years have always stayed at the Booker-Lewis. A block off the main drag in Leesville, and an easy walk to the quaint old downtown area, the Inn is a welcoming and relaxing haven after s hot, sweaty day on base.

Robert and his staff are always friendly and helpful, the restaurant is lively and very good (especially when the company's paying), and the screened in porch off the lounge is a perfect place to unwind (just be quiet so the other guests can sleep).

A train or two often rumble through at night, but after the first night I sleep through them.

I look forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank Traveling-Phil99
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here just to get away for the night, and felt like we had gone away for a long time! Breakfast was nice, jacuzzi tub was terrific. Bed and linens were all very comfortable and plush. THIS is a great welcome to Leesville!

• Stayed: December 2011