“Breakfast Buffet”

Ranked #1 of 2 Leesville B&B and Inns
Birmingham, Alabama
“Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I just have to comment on the high quality Booker Lewis has to offer. The breakfast buffet this Sunday was wonderful. I was truly impressed by all the delicious tempting foods offered. The staff goes above and beyond to make your dining experience the best. The young lady serving was an absolute delight and the chef was so charming. Thanks again for a great experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vena H
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Vena - Thanks for the great feedback. Our staff really works hard to exceed our guests expectations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Booker-Lewis House recently. The property is amazing! Very professional staff, super friendly! The resturant was awesome, chef really knows what he's doing. They went the extra mile to ensure my accounting was correct for filing with my travel voucher. I can't say enough good things....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James B
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thanks for the great review James and I'm glad our staff was able to accommodate you and make your experience so enjoyable! We look forward to your next stay with us.
Fort Mohave, Arizona
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just returned from a three day visit to Fort Polk/Leesville and stayed at The Booker-Lewis. What a great place to stay. The rooms were quaint, unique, and very comfortable. The owner, Robert Rose, and his staff were very attentive and friendly. The on-site pub is a really nice place to unwind and enjoy a generous drink on the veranda. The location is very quiet and the property has a park like feel to it with lots of trees and flowering shrubs, including pecan trees which Robert generously offered the opportunity to harvest. What a treat, especially for someone who lives in an area without these magnificent plants. As a cat lover, I also appreciated the tiger striped cat who welcomed me back to the grounds every evening. A cooked to order breakfast is included in the room charges and was extremely satisfying, especially the BIG cup of coffee. Dinner at the on-site restaurant was top-notch and the food quality was on par with elegant dining in much bigger cities. I had a great time at this property and would encourage anyone to give this place a try, You definitely will not regret your choice. I am in agreement with the Terminator on this B&B, I'll be back. Thanks Robert for a very memorable and enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank pulpoeater
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks so much for the great remarks about our property! Our staff works very hard to exceed our guest's expectations and it's always good to hear how we"re doing. We look forward to your next trip back to The Booker-Lewis!
Fort Lee, Virginia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

FOrt Polk is rural, and not nice rural. The restaurants consist of Taco Bell, Burger King, you get my drift. So, Booker Lewis is a welcome surprise...Lovely old house, big porch, just gracious. THe dining is on par with a big city establishment. Delicious and varied and unexpected. I am so happy for this place! Lovely bar, competent wine list, well done menu....cannot be any happier!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank cathysterling
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I travel to Fort Polk a couple times s year, and for the past 4-5 years have always stayed at the Booker-Lewis. A block off the main drag in Leesville, and an easy walk to the quaint old downtown area, the Inn is a welcoming and relaxing haven after s hot, sweaty day on base.

Robert and his staff are always friendly and helpful, the restaurant is lively and very good (especially when the company's paying), and the screened in porch off the lounge is a perfect place to unwind (just be quiet so the other guests can sleep).

A train or two often rumble through at night, but after the first night I sleep through them.

I look forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank Traveling-Phil99
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here just to get away for the night, and felt like we had gone away for a long time! Breakfast was nice, jacuzzi tub was terrific. Bed and linens were all very comfortable and plush. THIS is a great welcome to Leesville!

• Stayed December 2011
6 Thank Triandsteph
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I travel 5 days a week 24/7 and usually book Holiday Inn express or Hampton Inn. Both were sold out so I found this B & B and gave it a shot and I am glad I did. Very cool, unique, special experience at this B & B. Bar downstairs, restaurant across the court yard with fantastic food... I recommend the Ribeye! They give you a token for a free drink at the bar and I got a free breakfast the next morning which is definitely more then HOTEL food fare. I can't tell ya how happy I am to of chosen this for my hotel stay. Friendly patrons and workers... couldnt get an internet signal so the owner who was downstairs said he would take a look at my laptop personally and got me online in less then a minute. My room was quaint , hardwood floors, ceiling fan, feels like home. If you are traveling on business and want something different and unique you would be a fool to pass this up ! Trust me.. check it out! Its like a small vacation for a night!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Tony S
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review you wrote about our property and staff! It's always great to hear from our customers and know how we've done.... and Iknow how tough it is to function without the Internet...Look forward to having you as our guest again! Best regards...