“Great food-best in area!”
Review of The Booker-Lewis Restaurant - CLOSED

The Booker-Lewis Restaurant
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 171 N - Behind the USDA Building
Description: The Booker-Lewis Restaurant features world-class fare in a charming, Old South setting. The classic breakfasts and dynamic dinners are subtle creations served in a casual upscale atmosphere. The restaurant is locally known for its exquisite cuisine, intimate ambiance and attentive service. Meals may be taken in one of three dining rooms, or on the wrap-around porch of The Booker-Lewis House. Service is also available at John Beck’s Pub located next door in the Ward House.
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The variety and taste of the food were both amazing. The service was great. The most expensive place we found in the area but worth every penny. Nice atmosphere for a date or formal business meeting.

BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear cjp300,

Thanks for choosing our restaurant! We love hearing from our guests. Our staff uses all of the comments we receive to constantly work to improve the experience for our guests. We look forward to having you visit again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Excellent, tasty food. Great Service.
I ordered soup, pork loin and bread pudding. Everything was delicious with the exception to the bread pudding, I have had better bread pudding before.

Deb - Thanks for being our guest and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm sorry we missed the mark on the bread pudding. I've met with our Chef to discuss your situation and believe we have corrected the situation.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I used to live in the neighborhood that this hotel/restaurant was in back before this home was refurbished. It used to be a condemned building but had beautiful potential. The owner has done a wonderful job refurbishing this place. Great romantic setting in a historic home. The meal here was outstanding! On par with meals I have had in top restaurants New Orleans. I immediately wanted to go back the next day and eat here it was that good. This place is a hidden jem in the Leesville area.

1  Thank SuperDork

Dear super,

Thanks for the great review and for reminding me of how the neighborhood used to be. We've worked hard these past 10 years to turn our area around and I'm glad it shows! Hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We recently entertained some out of town family by visiting BL. Everyone in the group raved about the food and attention of the staff.
We are really fortunate to have such a great place in Leesville.
Every time we have been there the food has been excellent and it's really a bargain

BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Steve A,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our Staff and I really appreciate your great remarks and for being our guest. We're looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I went for Sunday brunch. They had a remarkable breakfast buffet with a great variety of food. It was perfect after early morning mass.
You have to get there early they fill up fast and I don't know if they do reservations for brunch or not. Mimosas and bloody Mary's are great. It's a little pricy but worth it. The atmosphere alone is worth the price.

BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Lizmoore06,

Thanks for joining us at brunch. I'm glad you did and we appreciate your feedback letting us know how we did. I always share these with our staff. They are a great bunch of folks and always look for ways to improve our service and quality. We look forward to your next visit!