“Loved the ambiance, service and the BAR!!!”
Review of The Booker-Lewis Restaurant - CLOSED

The Booker-Lewis Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, American, French
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 171 N - Behind the USDA Building
Description: The Booker-Lewis Restaurant features world-class fare in a charming, Old South setting. The classic breakfasts and dynamic dinners are subtle creations served in a casual upscale atmosphere. The restaurant is locally known for its exquisite cuisine, intimate ambiance and attentive service. Meals may be taken in one of three dining rooms, or on the wrap-around porch of The Booker-Lewis House. Service is also available at John Beck’s Pub located next door in the Ward House.
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Loved the ambiance, service and the BAR!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great B and B experience in a small town. Loved my jacuzzi tub and totally unexpected fine amenities!

• Visited August 2013
BookerL, Owner at The Booker-Lewis Restaurant, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
thanks for the great feedback Jeannette! Get better soon!

“terrific ambiance”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I only wished I lived closer so I could enjoy your restaurant more often. I also love the room I stayed in. Keep up the fantastic work

• Visited April 2013
Dear OnnieLeee,

I'm so sorry it took so long to respond to your comments. We're grateful you did choose our property to stay and for joining us in the restaurant. I've passed your great comments on to our staff...they love to know how they've done! Come back and visit us again!
“Great experience and great service.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We are new in town and the sales lady at Shannon's Home Furnishings told us about this place. The food was excellent. I love the "surprise me chef" feature. I got something called the bacon bomb which was amazing to say the least. The mushroom caps are great too. You can't really go wrong on anything you order. The service was great. Our server was named Charlie, he was excellent. By far the best service in town we received so far. My one complaint is apparently when you order a cocktail it can take awhile because they have to walk next door to get it. The price is comparable with restaurants in larger cities which I found to be great. I will go back to this place for sure.

Dear Cajuntraveler,

Thanks for choosing our restaurant. I apologize for the delay in responding... it has been hectic as we finish construction of our new kitchen and prepare to introduce our new menu. We hope to see you again during the Christmas season.
Deridder, Louisiana
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We took my mother in law here for her 87th birthday. There were 4 of us. My mother in law and I ordered the top sirloin, my wife ordered the vegetarian lasagna and my son ordered the chicken parmesan sandwich. Everyone loved the food. I thought my steak was one of the best steaks I have had in a long, long time, and by far, the best in the area. My son, who is very picky, loved his sandwich, which really surprised us. Everyone agreed that the food was excellent. The chef came by before we ate and spoke with us for a bit, and then checked on how the food was after we had finished. This was a nice, personal touch. Our experience was excellent, and we will definitely go back.

Dear Anbod1,

Thanks for being our guest! I'm glad we were able to please everyone even your son! Our staff works hard trying to make it "just right". We look forward to your next visit.
Leesville, Louisiana, United States
“Brunch”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The best brunch for a hundred mile radius. Chef John and the rest of the staff make every dinning experience wonderful and enjoyable. The food is always good and prepared to order in a timely manner.

• Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Van,

Thanks for joining us and for letting us know how we did. Chef John and his staff are awesome...we're very lucky to have such a great group working here. Hope we see you over the Christmas holidays!