“Great food at a good value”
Review of Mustard Seed

Mustard Seed
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Leesville
Cuisines: American
Description: It is a new restaurant in Leesville, that has great home cooked food!!!
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This restaurant specializes in southern home cooking and provides a satisfying meal for a very reasonable price. We ate there multiple times during our weeklong stay.

1  Thank JWZ1

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I think the longer you have been here, the lower your expectations. We had lunch here and it was good, but not great. I had the meatloaf and it was ok. My husband said his cornbread tasted like it was stale. There was a lot to eat for the price. The place I guess is popular for their sandwiches so maybe that's where we jumped the shark. The service was excellent and friendly! We found the place easy enough and there was no problem parking. We would eat there again.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

After seeing this "restaurant" rated #1 in Leesville my family decided to try it out. From the outside and inside it looks like a converted convenience store, but I didn't want to judge from looks alone. The wait staff was nice and friendly. They were quick to fill drinks and take our order. The food however tastes like a Banquet microwave meal. Nothing was fresh. The gravy on my chicken fried steak definitely came from a box. Our kids barely touched the food. My wife decided to get the much touted best apple pie you ever had with 3 lbs of apples and she couldn't even finish it because it tasted so bland.

It may be the best restaurant in Leesville because there is no other competition. Others may disagree.

2  Thank Nathan O
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Came here after hearing all the reviews and had an okay experience. I had dinner here on a weeknight and the place was about half full. Service was fairly quick and friendly enough. I ordered the pulled pork dinner and it came out within five minutes. There was a mountain of meat (One pound if I remember right,) and two sides. It was okay, not the best I've had but far from the worst. Price came to $11 and change counting meal, drink and tax.
Prices ranged from $5-$16 for entrees.
I'd grant it a return visit.

2  Thank thunderguppy
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I can honestly say, I've had the thinnest pork chop ever in my life there... I've seriously had thicker lunch meat. Overall the price was low, but I'd rather pay a few extra bucks and get a pork chop that was thicker than Bacon. Maybe there is something better on the menu.

2  Thank RManton