“Good experience at the Hampton Inn near Fort Polk”

Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Leesville / New LLano, LA outside of Fort Polk. Though it was an exhausting trip, The entire place was absolutely perfect. Clean, modern, plenty of amenities, and great staff. The beds are superb, bathrooms quite well done, and the jacuzzi and pool helped a lot considering the muggy weather. In particular, 2 very helpful and professional staff - Jamie at the front desk and the nice lady that handles breakfast made the stay there even better.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kristian R, Manager at Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Mr. John P,

Thank you for your review! I'm truly honored that you thought our hotel was "absolutely perfect." I can't thank you enough for such a kind review. I will certainly share your comments with our staff. They will certainly appreciate the recognition! Comments like yours goes a long way to encouraging our hardworking men and women. I will also share with our friends on Facebook!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stay 200 nights a year in hotels, primarily HAMPTON. Never have I had a complaint that was not resolved in a timely and fair manner. Upon check in I was not recognized as a Hilton Hhonors Diamond member, I was questioned about the direct billing of my room, and I was check in under a wrong name. i asked to have it corrected and was ignored by Management. Overall the staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms clean, but I will never stay here again. The manager doesn't seem to care about a frequent traveller, nor dealing with guest reported issues. There is a Holiday Inn Express in the same parking lot...stay there. I know I will.

2  Thank ScottG155

Mr. Scott G,

Thank you for your review and compliments on the cleanliness of our hotel and friendly staff! However, I am truly distressed by your review. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and for some reason, we fell short of meeting your expectations. I looked into your situation and have discovered where the confusion began.

You were not recognized as a Diamond member because your boss reserved your room and did not provide your HHonors number. We certainly apologize for the oversight. Your boss also paid for your room, which is why the reservation was in your boss' name and not yours. Your name was listed on the reservation as the guest currently staying in the room, but not as the guarantor. I think this is where the confusion may have stemmed from.

I certainly apologize for management not responding to you and, as a result, caused you to feel as if your situation was ignored. I can assure you that I was aware of your situation and directed my staff on what to do. Unfortunately, I allowed my busy schedule to get the best of me, and I did not reach out to you personally. That is certainly my mistake, and I hope to get a chance to rectify that in the future.

Mr. ScottG, I appreciate your loyalty to our brand as an esteemed Diamond member. I am deeply sorry that we neglected to provide you with stellar service. I sincerely hope that you provide us an opportunity to turn this unsatisfactory visit into something positive. Feel free to contact me at your leisure to further discuss your stay.

It is comments like yours, Mr. ScottG, that truly help us become one of the best in the business. I appreciate your review and candid comments.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place deserves 6 STARS, this is one of the nicest Hotels that we have stayed in a very long time. The setup and décor are remarkable, and both the front office and breakfast employees are both courteous and nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kristian R, Manager at Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Mr. Ricardo V,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I'm so glad that we provided a "6 star" experience for you! It is always nice to hear such wonderful compliments from our guests. It goes a long way to encouraging us! I will definitely share your compliments with our staff and our friends on Facebook.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I really cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel. The staff really made us feel at home. We stayed here for over 2 weeks with 3 young kids. The staff really tried to make us feel welcome and to make our stay enjoyable. The maid service tried to clean our room when we left they were always willing to come back. They always very friendly and so kind to my kids. The management opened the pool early for us almost every morning. The hotel is so clean and very well taken care of. The Hampton breakfast was awesome as far as hotel breakfasts go. But what made th breakfast so enjoyable was Kimberly. She was a bight start to the morning. My kids were always so excited to see her every morning. She was very welcoming and always had things ready so we didn't have to wait. I know we will miss her wonderful welcome in the morning. The selection was pretty awesome too. All in all if we ever come back to this area I would totally stay again! Thank you everyone for making our stay so great!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Zinkand5

Wow Mr. & Ms. Zinkand! I'm truly honored by your profuse praise! It was an absolute privilege to have you and your beautiful daughters stay with us. I'm very excited that you got to spend a few days with your family. I know they were very excited to have you here! Kimberly will be very excited to hear the wonderful compliments you gave her. Our hotel has certainly been a bit too quiet without your girls running around to entertain us! We hope your travels take you this way again in the future; we would certainly love to have you stay again! We cannot say thank you enough. I will definitely share your comments with our staff and our friends on Facebook. We enjoy being your friend in town!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel is a typical Hampton Inn. Expect the same level of service and experience as you would in San Diego. Clean, comfy, and a good stay, especially due to the fact that "Leesville, LA" is NO San Diego. Hardly any hotels like this out there. But... there is a Holiday Inn in front of this Hampton - owned by the same folks so don't try to leverage the two. The two seemed equally good, I usually stay at Hampton's though.

1  Thank Brian W

Mr. Brian W,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! To say that we provide the same service that a hotel in San Diego is a wonderful compliment! We truly strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and I'm glad to hear that we provided you with a memorable experience. I will definitely share your comments with our staff and with our friends on Facebook.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great hotel, location and the accomodations were what was expected. The check invoice was a shock due to the price reservation was considerably cheaper than what I was billed. This unlike Hampton Inn in which I stay in all over the United States

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Harold J
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I took my Mom to visit family and stayed two nights Hampton Inn in Leesville Louisiana.What a nice clean place to stay. Ladies at front desk so kind and willing to say Hello and offer to help you in any way. Mom would like to take the comfortable bed home.The breakfast was OK and the place was quiet in the evening so you could relax.The toilet acted up which can happen any time.I told them and they fixed it right away and made sure they left the bathroom in top condition.We come back to visit from time to time and will remember to stay with them again.Even being there on 4th of July was not problem they seemed to have everthing under control there. Which I appreciate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mopsey50
Kristian R, Manager at Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear mopsey50,

ThanK you so much for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I certainly understand your mom's desire to take our beds home! Just so you know, they are Serta Perfect Sleepers. I think its the combination of a comfy bed and "oh so fluffy" duvets that make our beds devine! I would like to apolgize about the unfortunate incident with the toilet. Its certainly a hassle when anything in the rooms malfunction, but I'm very glad to hear our staff was quick to respond and rectify the problem! ThankS again, and we appreciate YOU!

Warmest Regards,