“Very nice Hampton!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Houston, Texas
“Very nice Hampton!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stay at Hamptons/Hilton Garden Inns 2-3 nights each week on business, and this is one of the better properties I've encountered. The hotel is only 2 years old, the rooms are updated/clean, and the staff friendly. Would definitely recommend, and will stay there myself in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

my husband and i really enjoyed the stay. everyone was really nice.they made sure the room was satisfing to us. they called and ask was we satisfied with it. at breakfast they greeted us. ask could they get anything else for us. they came to the table to make sure we was happy. upon leaving they offered us a bag and water to travel with. we thought that was amazing. over all if we had to go back i would choose hampton inn fort polk LA.

Room Tip: when arriving make sure you are greeted properly, and the entry is clean
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cynthia w
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

In reading through some comments below, I did not notice the issues with dirty carpets. In fact, since I spend so much time in hotels, I am very particular. This property is well maintained. Staff was courteous and knowledgeable. Check in was a breeze and I had no billing discrepancies. I did not try the pool since it was quite cool outside, but their fitness center is very nice. Top notch workout equipment. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of options including healthy choices.

My ONLY complaint was that the government rate was not available for my stay. However, that being said, I will be back next month. While the same management company may own both the HIE and Hampton, in my opinion, the Hampton is a better hotel experience for the money.

• Stayed December 2012
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the outside this looks like the nicest hotel in town... I have stayed there twice now on business. Both times the staff has been very friendly and great with suggestions for restaurants and things to do to waste time. I know there are some new hotels being built in town... but I'll be back to this one. Rooms are clean and don't look worn. The breakfast is good with a variety of choices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
West Point, NY
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hampton Inn is our favorite hotel chain, but the one in Leesville was probably the worst one we've stayed at. The rooms and dining area were clean, but the carpets throughout the halls were not. Also, the pool was dirty; in fact the manager told us he forgot to turn on the filter for several days. My wife got an ear infection, probably from swimming in the dirty pool. Also, the jacuzzi did not work the whole time we were there. Also, the breakfast menu didn't change much over the 7 days we were there. We've been in others where the menu changes regularly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kristian R, Manager at Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I'm truly sorry you had such a disappointing stay with us. We are aware of the carpets in the hallways and have been slowly cleaning them. In fact, because our carpets are such a light color, we decided to buy a steam cleaner to keep on property so that we may clean regularly. I am sure that the next time you stay with us, our carpets will be sparkly clean! In regards to the breakfast, a very large group of foreign soldiers were staying with us that week which I believe you were a part of. They had specific nutritional requirements (no pork, etc) and we tried to accommodate their requests. I apologize that you felt the breakfast was mundane; it certainly isn't typical! In regards to the pool, the pump was actually broken. We've had technicians out there for the past 3 days attempting to make repairs. The jacuzzi works, you just have to turn the jets on. They do not stay on all the time. Thank you for your candid comments. I hope to see your group again in the near future! They sure were a joy to have with us.
Mississippi
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I booked a room and then found that I didn't need to come until the next day. I wanted to change my reservation but the desk clerk insisted that I would have to pay a cancellation fee. I then left two phone messages with the manager which were never returned. I ended up staying two nights at another hotel and will avoid this one in the future.

Room Tip: The manager will not make any accommodations.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry that you felt our management team was ineffective. Unfortunately, our cancellation policy states that you must cancel by 6pm the day prior to your arrival to avoid any penalties. We honored our promise to you by holding your room in anticipation of your arrival. I apologize that you felt if one of our managers did not respond quickly enough to your voicemail. I will certainly bring it to our team's attention and find out exactly how your call was overlooked. Thank you for your comments, and I hope you stay with us in the near future!
Weston, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying the property is one of the nicest Hampton Inns I have seen. However, the management at this hotel is absolutely the worst. I have personally stayed here twice and have now arranged for my instructors to stay four times and have had billing issues EVERY time. When you try to contact the manager he simply does not return your calls. I am currently disputing the bill through American Express as I could not get a manager to return multiple calls. Beware of the Holiday Inn Express as well since it is the same management.

If you are willing to chance your bill being wrong or not billed to the correct party (business travel) roll the dice. Management doesn't care.

Otherwise stay at the Comfort Inn

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Batt2
I am truly sorry that you have experienced any billing errors. I am not quite sure what has happened in your case, but I do know that we have tried to reach out to you on several occasions about one particular instance. I was not aware of any other billing issues. If you would bring them to our attention, we would be happy to take care of it immediately. I do know you recently reserved a group of men to stay with us this past week or so. I personally oversaw their reservations to make sure there were no mistakes in billing. In fact, you have several reservations with us next month. If you will be with them next time, please stop by the desk and ask for one of the managers. We would be happy to personally help you with any concerns you may have. Thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.