“Incredible!!!!!!”

Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Leesville
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I was at the establishment for nearly 4 months due to military service. The staff went out of the way to make certain I was comfortable. My room was always clean. The staff was nothing but perfect. I urge you, if your traveling to the area - STAY HERE!

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed 2 weeks in this hotel at $130 per night. Hotel and rooms are clean and have a very appealing look however, during my stay the electricity went out for about 4 hours on two seperate day's. Also, on my second day I awoke to a letter that had been placed under my door warning that the tap water should not be drunk as the Parish wash under a 'boil advisory'. Needless to say the hotel made no offer of bottled water or any information regarding the matter except that the water should be boiled prior to consumption. There was never anything mentioned about the rolling blackouts that plagued this hotel nor did any hotel staff ever come by the guest rooms during the blackouts to offer assistance or provide information. In closing, I suggest avoiding this '3rd world' hotel that charges as if it were a 5 star palace if at all possible.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank jacompton
Kristian R, Manager at Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Mr. Compton,

Thank you for your nice comments about the cleanliness and nice décor of our hotel! Unfortunately, you did experience an unexpected power/water outage 2 days during your stay. Oh behalf of my staff, I am sorry that your stay was not all that you expected. At Hampton Inn of Leesville/Ft. Polk, we take pride in providing an excellent experience for each of guests. Our number one goal is excellent guest satisfaction, and I believe that we fell very short of our goal with you. Somehow, our efforts to keep our guests informed did not reach you in a timely manner. Let me explain the actions that we DID take-

On the 17th of January, a storm blew a tree down in the Leesville area which knocked down several power lines. Our hotel, along with everyone else on that grid, was out of electricity for several hours throughout the night. Because of the electric company’s repairs, it was necessary to turn the electricity off and on sporadically over the following 2 days. For our guest service agents’ and guests’ safety during a non-threatening power outage, they have been trained to remain at the desk to be a source of information for the many guests’ who come to the front desk with questions. Because of the lack of electricity, our phones do not work, which prevented us from calling each room. We believe this policy best serves our guests and ensures the safety of everyone in the hotel.

On the morning of January 18th, I personally received a call from the Vernon Parish Health Department . A main waterline through the town of Leesville busted. As a result of the lack of electricity combined with the busted waterline, the town of Leesville felt the water was unsafe to drink. They notified me of the boil advisory and that the electricity/water would be turned off and on as needed for repairs throughout the following few days. Immediately upon receiving this notice, I printed a sign to post at the front desk explaining the boil advisory and the electricity repairs. Also, I printed a note with the exact same information for each of our guests that was already staying with us. Our staff was instructed to inform all arriving guests of the boil advisory and electricity repairs. In addition, as soon as I was confident that my staff was able to meet our guests’ needs without a manager; I went to the store to purchase water to give to anyone who might ask. While I was gone, our staff directed our guests to the vending machines for the closest source of bottled water. Upon arriving back at the hotel, we placed the bottled water near the front desk on a cart to hand out to any guest who asked.

I truly believe our staff handled the unexpected water/power outage in an efficient and safe manner. We value your input and suggestions as a Gold member, someone who spends a lot of time in our hotels! Again, thank you for your comments Mr. Compton, and I hope to personally meet with you to extend my sincere apologies for your troubles the next time you are in town.

Kristian Roddy
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2011

This place was awesome!! I loved the decor, beds, bathroom, and breakfast..The staff was very friendly and helpful.. It was close to Fort Polk.. I checked in kinda late and only stayed for the night so I didn't use the pool or anything. I would definitely recommend staying here..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Kristian R, Manager at Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Thank you!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed here last night. Beautiful decor, very contemporary. The entire facility was very clean and fresh. I slept really well in the big comfortable bed. Breakfast was great - the usual Hampton fare. The staff was very nice. The hotel is very quiet, as it is off the main road just a bit. I'll definately stay here again if I am in the area. Well done, Conrad!!

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for your wonderful compliments!

Reviewed September 21, 2011

This is a really nice Hampton Inn. Friendly staff and check-in and a great breakfast. Nice pool and exercise room. I will stay here again. Room was immaculately clean.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the east side. While it faces the highway, it was still quiet as the stre...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is a new hotel in Leesville and reflects the more modern decor Hampton is now using. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The pool area is the nicest we've seen at any Hampton.........definitely had a resort feel if you can imagine that in Leesville. A couple of misses by housekeeping..........not emptying the ice bucket for us and letting us run out of Kleenex, but those are minor issues. We were there for 3 nights while doing some genealogical research and reconnecting with family. We would definitely stay here again if we ever have occasion to return to the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your nice words! I'm truly sorry you had less than an excellent stay. We always strive to exceed our guests' expecatations. I just wanted you to know that we have brought this incident to the Executive Housekeeper's attention. She has retrained our staff to take notice of the guest supplies. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I had to spent one nite in Leesville while visiting family & friends. Despite being a small city, the rates ain't small (I think the Days Inn offered a $79 nightly rate). Book the Hampton for the miles thru HHonors/AAdvantage. Stayed on fourth floor. Room immediately had a bathroom to the right (terrible water pressure in shower but it was a large walk in shower and no tub). There was a decent closet with a full length mirror attached to the door. Then one of those great Hampton beds. From the bed, you had a desk to the left, window in the center and 42" HDTV with a microwave, mircofridge and drawers). Room has a total modern feel with nice accent pieces (paintings, chair/table). Free breakfast in a nice sitting area which has a large flatscreen to watch. There is a business center with 2 computers with free internet use and a small pantry for food/drinks.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful description of our hotel! You very accurately described our rooms. I do appologize that the water pressure was a little low for you. We have corrected this problem since your stay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and have a wonderful holiday!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesville
Holiday Inn Express Leesville - Ft. Polk
1 mi away
Montigo Inn
Montigo Inn
#5 of 11 in Leesville

Been to Hampton Inn Leesville/Ft. Polk? Share your experiences!