“Historical”

Lea's Lunchroom
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Lecompte
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I remember Mr. Lea walking around visiting his patrons and inquiring as to whether or not everything was ok. He resembled Col Sanders and always reminded me of an old southern gentleman. Now that he has passed on, I don't think the standards are quite as high. The food is ok and the pies are famous because of him, but now they're just riding on fame.

1  Thank Debbie V

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stopped here on a recommendation. We walked in and hoped it would be one of those "finds". Not so much. Food was below average. I had a ham plate for $9.50 which included mashed white beans, rice, gravy, cole slaw and one skimpy piece of ham. Almost $10 for that? We took a piece of blueberry pie to go hoping it would make the stop worthwhile... Not so much. Average crust, average flavor and just overall average. This place is not worth the time.

1  Thank eoso
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The pies are legendary and they live up to their reputation. I was a little disappointed in the food though as I was expecting something really special. It was ok. Not bad at all, just not great either. Will continue to purchase pies for as long as they are open!!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

A highlight of any trip on I-49 in La is a stop at Leas just a little ways off interstate near Alexandria. Sitting in the dining room with oldies music and the best baked ham I've had in years, I could have been back in the 1960s. We don't cook meals like this at home any more, and most restaurants don't either. The meal has to be finished with a slice of their pie topped with real meringue (worth a detour on its own) and we always get a whole fruit pie to go, even on overnight trips.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

It's a country style lunchroom - and the pies are to die for. Had a piece there and then bought one to take home to my dad. Very quaint but with great service and great food.