“Horrible, Disguisting Place”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in LaPlace
Monroe, Louisiana, United States
“Horrible, Disguisting Place”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This place is awful! My family went on a business trip with my husband to this awful place. We are usually booked in a different hotel down the street. His company pay an ddoes reservations. we pulled into the parking lot and my son began to cry and refuse to get out. We went into our dark stairway w/oudoor entrance to the room to the smelly room. It was the same as it was in the early 80s I am sure. There wasn't internet as they say or as the card ont he TVv says. The beds had yellow stains on the sheets and pillows. I would not allow my son to bathe. When my husband did so the soap had been used since it was wet and replaced into teh package. The floor had stains. The lock was broken on the door and before 10pm we had 4-5 police cars outside our door and a few doors from where we were staying. Saying the person got drunk and went into someone elses room. As a female I didnt feel safe to even go to my car or the vending machines. It was a very horriblr experience, we were going to leave and get a room somewhere else on our own pay, but everything was booked. I would not recommend anyone going to place. They accused us of being hard to please when we contacted the front desk. The clerk said they had never had any problems or unhappy guest. Everyone from my husband's company was a unhappy guest. We do not usually stay at 4-5 star hotels we are normal people usually a Holiday Inn express or equal, but this was far from that kind of establishment.

Room Tip: Do not stay here! I do not believe there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Hotel_No

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2009

My friend and I were very disappointed in this motel. First , the hair dryer never worked. Second, the toilet paper holder had come out of the wall and was just hanging there. One evening we came back to the room and couldn't get back in. They had changed all of the locks during the day, and we had to get somebody to let us in the room. We were promised that there would be maid service daily, and we didn't get it at all on the day that we couldn't get into the room. The business center had only one computer for all of the guests to share. The breakfasts were o.k. but not superb as the ad led you to believe. However, throughout all of this, the staff was friendly, kind, and obliging to help.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Garnet0130

Travelers are raving about these LaPlace hotels

Valencia, Spain
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Basic hotel which is a bit tired but in the process of being revamped.

Helpful, friendly staff and convenient location.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank DoubleDSpain
alabama
Reviewed November 13, 2008

Stayed here 1 night on a business trip because all the other motels in the area were full. I reserved a King and got a double.
The room smelled, the bed was itchy and I have thrown away towels that are thicker than ones here! Not on the best side of town.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank plsAlabama
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We had a three night stay here while in town to attend my wife's class reunion and visit friends and family. The hotel is generally clean and neat, but it is showing it's age. Our room had some noticable stains on the carpet and foot rest, and some tile in the bathroom was in need of redoing and/or recaulking. The room was very adequate for our needs -- had a refrigerator and microwave, which always comes in handy. The hot breakfast buffet was hearty, if somewhat limited in its selections.

The hotel seems to be having something of an identiy crisis -- trying to be all things to all people. We paid what I considered to be the upper range of rates for a Quality Inn -- $85 or so for Friday and Saturday and about $100 for Sunday -- which I think implies a fairly high standard of "family oriented" lodging. They are trying to market their restuarant as a higher end (for LaPlace anyway) place to eat, and a bird sellers show was taking place in the meeting rooms the weekend we were there. Yet the parking lot also had a number of semis parked in it, and it appears that the operators of a nearby swamp tour are allowed to park their air boats in the parking lot every night. Not to sound snobish, but this did create a somewhat "rough neck" and uncomfortable atmosphere. I didn't want my wife going to the parking lot by herself.

Generally we're not too picky, and indeed we were okay staying here. But next time we might try the Hampton Inn down the road or the new Holiday Inn under construction just to be able to compare.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gaken
washington dc
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Great hotel. Friendly staff at hotel, good restaurant to eat, and fun atmosphere at night.

• Liked — the staff and breakfast
  • Disliked — outside property
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank reddevilWashingtonDc
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2005

I used to stay here all the time. There was a sweet desk clerk named Renee who would do anything to make your stay comfortable. I knew she would quit sooner or later because I saw both managers yelling at her and doing other verbally abusive things. Another desk clerk, Alice was treated like gold and she was very rude and could care less about anyone else. She was always on the phone and she had a bad attitude overall. Of course, Alice was promoted and service went down. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2000, traveled on business