“Nice Room, Breakfast, Next to Truck Stop”

Best Western La Place Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in LaPlace
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Nice Room, Breakfast, Next to Truck Stop”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I found the room at the BW LaPlace to be a very pleasant surprise. It was a min-suite with a separate sitting room, new appliances, and large flat screen TV. Inside the room you would have had the impression you were at a Hilton or a Hyatt, instead of a Best Western, The breakfast was better than average for a mid-range hotel. The hotel is also close to number of the Louisiana plantations, like Oak Alley and Laura Plantation that are nearby. The only down-side was that being next to a truck stop and in an industrial area, there were a lot young, tattooed males loitering around outside until late in the evening. These seemed to be "rough-neck" (referring to the petroleum industry term) types staying over for short-term jobs or truck drivers taking advantage of the proximity to the truck stop next door. These guys were drinking beer, smoking, talking on cell phones while frequently sitting in the outside stair wells so you would have to negotiate around them whenever you needed to go back to your vehicle for something. Had it not been for the atmosphere created by these young guys, I would have given this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kimberlee C, General Manager at Best Western La Place Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear 54Mercury,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us!

Thank you for noticing our upgraded ammenities! I'm delighted you found our rooms to be comfortable and inviting, and I'm so glad our location was convenient for you! I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy one of the wonderful plantation tours while you were in the area!

I want to assure you that the safety & security of our guests is our number one priority. Although this is a very safe neighborhood, as a precautionary measure we provide a security officer to patrol the hotel premises during the late evening and overnight hours. I'm very sorry to hear that there were other guests that made you feel uncomfortable. I will inform the security department so that they are aware of the instance and the necessary precautions can be taken.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the future.

Kimberlee Cangelosi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
carlinv
Reviewed June 3, 2013

just spent 4 days in LaPlace 3 nights at best western. very clean rooms, nice rooms. but most important the staff was wonderful. very friendly and went out of the way to help and give us helpful advise. Pefect place to stay and highley recommend

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear barbCarlinv,

I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm also delighted to hear that our staff offered such friendly hospitality.

I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience, and I will share your kind words with all of our team members.

Thank you for choosing Best Western LaPlace Inn! We hope to see you guys again very soon!

Peosta, Iowa
Reviewed May 7, 2013

wonderful stay at this hotel,, I would recomend it to anyone and when I go back I will be staying at this hotel... It was very clean, the breakfast was very good, the emloyee,s are very helpful and accomodateing..

Room Tip: the rooms are all very nice and the whole hotel is wondeful...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberlee C, General Manager at Best Western La Place Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear casperbks,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed visiting us!

I will share your kind words with all of our team members! Take care, and we will see you again next time!

Niceville, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here in town during a soccer tournament. This was the same weekend as the French Quarter Festival so there were no hotels available for a reasonable price closer to the tournament. The hotel was an easy 15 minute trip from our fields. When we pulled up in the dark, we thought we would be staying in an older hotel complete with outside entrances, etc. However, when we opened the door to our room we were delighted to find that everything was brand new. These rooms were beautiful inside. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We had one of the king suites and each side had it's own tv. The bathroom wall partially separates the room into two sides so you can have some privacy even though you don't have two separate rooms. This hotel was an amazing value for the money. I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Christi M,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you found our location convenient for your commute to New Orleans.

Thank you for noticing our upgraded rooms! I'm so pleased you liked the new decor! We take pride in providing modern accomodations at an affordable price.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My favorite hotel in La Place for so many reasons, friendly staff from the front desk to housekeeping and even maintenance. They really know how to make you feel welcomed. Rooms always clean and in order upon my check in. The beds are GREAT from the soft pull you in mattress to the sheets and comforter. The grounds are clean all the time with good parking and lighting. The price is very reasonable for such a great stay. It's location is right between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. There are plenty of stores right off Highway 61 which is to the left of the hotel about five mins.Lots of different places to eat from fast food to sit down places. Bets Western starts you off with a great selection for breakfast, hot or cold choices and the fruit they keep is always fresh. I LOVE the whole staff because they all make you feel welcome and go the extra mile to make your stay WONDERFUL!! I have to give a special thanks to TASHA. Thanks again to Best Western La Place and keep up the GREAT work. See you all soon!!

Room Tip: I think anywhere at that hotel is great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear monica f,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so glad to hear you enjoy visiting Best Western La Place! Thank you for choosing us to serve your lodging needs. And most of all...thank you for showing how much you appreciate our staff.

We are very lucky to have such a great team working with us. I can't thank you enough for recognizing them.

I will share your kind words with everyone. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Fresno, California
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here when we were in town for my mother's funeral. My wife and I appreciate all the hospitality and the concern that the staff showed for us as we grieved over our loss. Particularly, we appreciate all the attention Kim (Newbauer?) gave at the morning breakfast. She payed attention to detail and was very nice and made us feel welcome. Also, Tasha, Chanda (not sure of spelling), and all the front desk people were very polite and helpful. There was also a computer in the business center, from which we could print our return airline tickets.

The property was very well laid out, and everything was easy to get to. The room was clean and smelled fresh on entry. The room was spacious for a king bed room. We especially liked having a sofa in the room, as well as a desk so that we could write letters and such. The bathroom was small, but it didn't feel that way, as the shower curtain rod was one of those curved ones that gives you more space in the tub. The sink bowl was unique, and a nice touch to the vanity area. We also appreciated having a mini fridge in the room (great for when you want cold water bottles!).

Very clean, very nice place to stay, particularly if you want to avoid heavy New Orleans traffic and want a good, clean room at a reasonable price.

Thank you very much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear KevinandJamie,

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us; however I do wish you were visiting under better circumstances. I am very very sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my deepest sympathies.

I'm glad to hear our team members took such great care of you. We have some very special people on our team. Thank you for recognizing them. I will let all of them know how helpful they were to you.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Take care.

Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I could write a whole lot about our stay here, but trust me, it was great. The price is great, the rooms are newly redone and updated with very very nice beds and furniture. The pictures are really what the rooms look like. When passing through LaPlace again, this is our go to Motel. Very nice and very very clean. Superb!!! Thank you to Best Western for updating there places, keep up the good work :)

Room Tip: The whole hotel seems quite nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear run2rush2112,

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. It's very rewarding to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

We'll see you again on your next trip to the area. Take care!