“wonderful time”

Days Inn LaPlace- New Orleans
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in LaPlace
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Came for wedding in area and made arrangements for other family members to use this facility b/c of reviews and great price. 5 rooms were ultimately reserved. Hotel was very clean and comfortable. Beds and pillows great! Walls built where we couldn't hear neighbors talking on either side. Big plus!! Staff courteous, friendly and still professional to boot. Great combination! Great experience from reservation made 7 months ago through the stay and departure. Hurricane Isaac damage is still being repaired on bottom floor but this doesn't dampen the spirits of the staff. It's so nice to go somewhere where the staff is not snooty and really care about your stay being a good one!! I'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn LaPlace- New Orleans

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I spent almost a week at this Days Inn and felt at home. The rooms were comfortable, clean and smelled fresh at my arrival. The housekeepers were very polite and efficient. All the front desk staff were very friendly from the start of my day to the end of it. I would like to thank the head clerk Anita especially because she let me know about all the different attractions that were in the surrounding area as well as in the city of New Orleans. I was very pleased with my overall stay at this hotel and would definitely stay at this Days Inn during my next visit to the La Place, La area. I had no worries about my vehicle the parking lot is well lit and that`s a plus for me.

Room Tip: I appreciated the north side of the building because I could see my car and the passing traffic on t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed at many of the Days Inn hotel chains and I have to say this is the cleanest, safest and friendliest Days Inn I have had the pleasure of staying in. Even though the hotel is presently being renovated on the first floor due to Hurricane Isaac, there was availability on the 2nd and 3rd floors and are very clean. Housekeeping was extremely friendly and fluent in English and Spanish.

I had been travelling most of the night and only a few hotels are available in the area at this time. Front desk personnel were very accommodating. Check-in isn't until 3 pm, but Anita was happy to check me in at 9 am since rooms were available.

Since the hotel is under renovation presently, there is no breakfast, fitness center, laundry room or pool to enjoy but Anita was very helpful in providing me with the nearest necessary facilities and also in providing the best tourist attractions in the area. Also, you can not hear the normal noise that goes with renovating from the room, which was great.

Wi-Fi is available and faster than I had expected. Parking convenient. Hotel located approximately a quarter mile from the interstate convenient for travelers coming off the highway with several fast food restaurants in close proximity.

The rooms are a nice size and the beds were quite comfortable and clean with NO HOLES in the bedspreads, also rooms are well lit. Bathroom large and clean. Hallways are quiet and you cannot hear people in next door rooms through the walls.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a comfortable nights stay.

Room Tip: From the front side of building I was able to keep an eye on my car and the rooms closer to Hwy 51 h...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank snowmoney
Reviewed November 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Renovations still going on. It was overpriced $99 for what you get. Not even sure if breakfast was included. Could not stay more than 10 minutes because the smell of cigarette and febreze was so overpowering. Dingy elevator. Thank goodness I got a refund. Impossible to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed November 1, 2012

There are renovations going on.

The front desk clerk was friendly and competent. Competent is actually a nice compliment coming from me.

The room was okay. It smelled fresh and clean. But when I woke up, I had a headache--possibly from the nice smelling chemicals.

The mattress is slightly concave and juuuuuuuuuuust about ready for replacement. The bathroom seems to have been renovated somewhat recently and was clean.

The pillows are very small and seem to have lost their stuffing.

There are security cameras everywhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Days Inn La Place is a neat and clean hotel with really friendly and caring owners. After hurricane Isaac, most of the hotels in the neighborhood closed down (temporarily). Days Inn re-opened part of the hotel, with completely new furniture. Yes, there is still some noise due to the renovating, but not in the evening or early morning (before 8am). One other small inconvenience is that sometimes in the corridors you can smell the smoke of cigarettes (from smoking-rooms).
If you'd like to have a hotel close to the airport and don't want to spend too much money on the expensive hotels in downtown New Orleans, this is a very good alternative. Especially if you want to support those who need to recover from hurricane Isaac.

Room Tip: Accommodation doesn't yet offer breakfast (due to renovation) but owners have good suggestions f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple