“Multiple problems with no assistance offered!”

Hampton Inn Laplace
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in LaPlace
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
“Multiple problems with no assistance offered!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

After spending the last three weekends in Hampton Inns with our basketball team, we thought this one was going to be the best of the bunch. The front lobby was the most beautiful I'd ever seen in a Hampton. That's where the good stopped!

I should have realized upon my arrival that things may not be what they seem. The girl on duty was apologizing to someone about the TV that didn't work. Well... When we got to our room, our TV didn't work either. I'm a very handy guy and after a few minutes working with it, I fixed the problem. Upon another return to our car we hear the clerk apologizing yet again to another person.

As we settled in, I decided to wash my face and realized we had no hot water. I called the desk and was told I probably didn't turn the handle right. I just fixed the direct TV for goodness sakes. I thought they would call out a maintainance guy but I was wrong. I was told that there would be no repair tonight. I asked if it would be repaired for when we wake up and was told..."it depends on when you wake up!" Maintainace doesn't come in till 8 AM!

As a Hilton honors member and loyal customer I'm utterly disgusted that any hotel would allow any customer to go without hot water. I may have to take my team and their 10 rooms a weekend to another chain. Here's some advise... Keep maintainance on call and get your customers cable and at least hot water as a minimal provision.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank RedfishRazorback
Sabine B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laplace, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. Honest review are very helpful in allowing us to see how our guests feel.

While it is my sincere hope that all of our guests are 100% satisfied with their stays at our hotel, we did not meet that expectation for you and for that I am truly sorry.

I do know that we have been having issues with our televisions and it is something that I am actively working to try to resolve the issue. It is a programming issue with the televisions themselves, I am in contact with LG working on the solution. The hot water, however, is an issue that I will take a look at to see what happened during your stay and what we can do to ensure that it does not continue to happen.

I would like an opportunity to be able to contact you once these issues are full resolved so that you can come back and see for yourself, that we do strive to correct issues for our guests. Also, I would like to offer you some type of compensation for your stay if this was not previously done, please contact me so that I can do so.

Sabine Broussard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vernal
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff made a room for early check-in and were very helpful with our questions. if you need liquor, buy it before you arrive in La Place because the nearest store is 20 miles away toward New Orleans (except for a skimpy selection at the gas station next door).

Room Tip: Laundry is on first floor around the corner from front desk
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sabine B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laplace, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us! We love to hear what our guests think about the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I saw that you were apparently misinformed about our alcohol purchasing selections...should you be in the area again, we have a local grocery store that has a great selection of adult beverages. We do hope to see you again soon!
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was very satisfied with the staff and their helpfullness to me during my stay with additional length of stay for myself and my party. My stay turned out to be longer than I had booked for and they were helpful in extending my room stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to thank you personally for writing us a review! The feedback that we receive from our guests helps us ensure that we are meeting the expectations that are set for us! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and do hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel was clean and well kept. Best things=the beds, breakfast, happy hour. Pesky things= door was hard to shut and lock, air conditioner was loud but didn't work very well. Plus every half hour or so some kind of machine cranked up nearby and sounded like a freight train was right outside my window.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sabine B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laplace, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
I wanted personally thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. The feed back we receive from our guests is invaluable is assuring that we are meeting the expectations that are set for us.

I am sorry that you were having a difficult time with the door. Also, that you were having issues with noise during your stay. I would love it if you could contact me and let me know what room you were in so that I could look into both the air conditioning unit, and the loud noise that you were hearing during your stay.

Should you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

We know you have many choices when you travel, and are glad you chose to stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Hampton Inn LaPlace
sabine.broussard@hilton.com
985-652-5002
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

One night stay for business and I have got to say I did not realize that I had missed the Hampton Inn experience. Most of my trips this year had me in other Hilton brands or other hotel brands. While the variety was nice it was nice to stay in a Hampton again because you know exactly what you are going to get. Friendly staff, a nice roomy room, the same toiletries, the same breakfast, free parking, free internet. I was not disappointed with this property. Only fast food around the hotel but just 4 miles away is Frenier Landing with a couple of local places to eat that sounded very interesting. Unfortunately the water was covering the road to the Landing and I could not reach it with my rental car. I did see larger vehicles cross. The business I visited said Frenier Landing is a good place to visit and eat although be prepared it is different. Back to the Hampton, no problems, comfortable and a great place to stay in LaPlace. Took time to sit by the pool, again pleasant.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms overlook the pool and are the side away from the highway. Holiday Inn Express i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laplace, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and receiving feedback from out guests is the best way to ensure that we are accomplishing our goals. We do hope that when you are in the area again in the future you will choose to stay with us!

Yours In Hospitality,

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Last year I stayed there and hoped the problems were solevd Stayed last week and killed two roaches in the room. Recommend to stay away from this hotel. Lot of bug problems and you will take it home in your bag and it will multiply.

Room Tip: Stay if you like roaches in yourroom and in bed at night.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sabine B, Manager at Hampton Inn Laplace, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
I wanted to take the time to apologize for the issue you experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is very important to us and we strive to provide 100% satisfaction to our guests. I completely understand how discovering a roach or any other bug for that matter would be very disgusting. We do make every effort to try to avoid such issues. We have a monthly contract with a pest control company to try to prevent such things from happening. I am going to contact them to see what other measures we could possibly take to avoid this in the future.

While it is my sincere hope that every guest leaves our hotel 100% satisfied that was obviously not the case when you checked out. I am truly sorry that this matter was not corrected while you were still at the hotel. I would however like the chance to honor our guarantee with you. if you could please contact me directly with either your HHonors number or confirmation number, so that I could follow up with you directly.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove that as our guest your overall experience of our hotel does truly matter to us.

Hampton Inn - LaPlace
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Not much here in LaPlace but the Hampton Inn is friendly and cozy. Got a first floor room at one end. Made it easy to park. Burger King 20 yards away in case you are tired of Hampton Inn's usual breakfast. Clean and homey.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the first floor. Near the end of the hallway. Away from all the noise. Nice!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business