“Comfortable, quiet, easy access”

Hampton Inn Laplace
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in LaPlace
Reviewed March 27, 2012

After nearly nine hours of driving, my mom and I wanted a nice place where we could get a good night's sleep. We just happened to see this hotel from the freeway. We arrived late at night and without a reservation, but that was not a problem. The room with two beds was very spacious and clean and the beds were comfy. Breakfast offered lots of options and was tasty. The only surprise was the price - for the location, I had expected it to be a little less expensive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel was perfect for my week-long stay in LaPlace. The rooms were clean and always made up when I came back. The breakfast every morning was ample and had a good variety and every employee I encountered was very nice and helpful. They provided internet in the rooms, though it was not wireless, it was fast. Bathrooms were nice, clean, and well-lit. The beds were very comfortable and overall, I was very impressed during my stay.

The location very close to I-10 was also very convenient for getting around and being on Hwy 51 it was also just a short trip to other restaurants in town. I would recommend staying here any day of the week. I'd rate it a 5 but I feel like that rating should be reserved for places with just a few more amenities (wireless, dinner, on site restaurant/bar, etc).

Overall, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Had a 3rd fl rm, and the vibration from the air on top of the bldg caused a load hum and a vibration in the bed. Moved to an end rm on the same fl at midnight and it was better. Otherwise the hotel was first class. Internet in room would not work.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Flyout
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Great place for my needs, as I was attending a course at Martins just around the corner. Check in quick and room just as imagined, 2 twin beds, shower room, TV, Microwave, Coffee etc ect . Breakfast good with quick and easy choice.
Best part came at 5.30PM, Kim the happy hour hostess, beer and wine with a light snack, but she makes everyone welcome, great lady.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Travelled to LaPlace to attend a two-week course at nearby training institute. Found Hampton Inn was clean, well-furnished, comfortable and with friendly, attentive staff. The free breakfast was of consistent good quality. Close to restaurants, service stations and ATM. The Happy Hour from 5:30 - 7:00 PM was presided over by Kim who was an awesome hostess and obviously revelled in bringing together groups of guests for good conversation and a lot of laughs. The drinks and snacks on-the-house were very welcome after a hard day! I look forward to returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank EWP_Sydney
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Location was excellent for the business purpose of trip. The room was clean, well lit, and very comfortable w sitting/work area and microwave/refrigerator. Bathroom was good size and immaculate. The exterior was well lit and did project a safe environment. The staff were all very accomodating and friendly. In fact, one of the most friendliest places we have ever stayed. The housekeepers were friendly, helpful and were very responsive to requests. The amenities offered on week days felt like an "Inn" experience and were much appreciated. The manager and desk staff create an atmosphere that encourages socializing w other guests during an evening reception. This added a home away from home event and was great fun getting to know people from other areas of our country. We definately recommend this hotel to other travelers. And did I remember to say "friendly?"

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I had made my reservations over hotels.com, I had the receipt and everything and the person at the front desk "couldn't find my reservation" when I showed them the receipt. After about 10 minutes of arguing, they just threw the key at me and said "whatever".

I get to my room to find the door was already partly open, I go in there expecting someone but there was no one, turns out the room I had, the door didn't shut on it. So I put a dresser and my suitcase in front of the door.

The walls and ceilings were covered in dents, holes and stains. The carpeting had food smashed into it. The bathroom was no better, the toilet was clogged, luckily there was a plunger in the room. The bathtub had rust and old wet towels in it. I also killed a cockroach in the bathroom.

The beds were relatively comfortable, if you can get past the fact the sheets have yellow stains on them, I brought my own sheets luckily. The pillow itself had yellow stains on it so I used my own.

At night there was all sorts of stuff going on, people yelling, what sounded like gunshots, and people who many times actually came to my door demanding inside the room.

I was reserved to stay two nights but after one night I didn't feel safe and got a refund on my 2nd night.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank LFisher82
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPlace
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites La Place
Best Western La Place Inn
TownePlace Suites Laplace
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
Suburban Extended Stay
Suburban Extended Stay
#7 of 10 in LaPlace
Days Inn LaPlace- New Orleans

Been to Hampton Inn Laplace? Share your experiences!