“Good Stay”

Suburban Extended Stay
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in LaPlace
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were in LaPlace for the Mardi Gras. The staff was friendly. The room was clean. The walls are kinda thin, as we could hear our neighbor's TV. The price was reasonable for that time of year. Rooms are very expensive during Mari Gras time. Their rooms were right at a hundred bucks a night. Good location right on I-10. Lots of truckers, but still family friendly. We also ate a charming restaurant named Huddle House that was very affordable. It was five of us and we paid less than $30 including a tip. The service there was wonderful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MrsDennis_10
Suburban199, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Mrs. Dennis,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. We appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit
will be even more pleasant than this one.

Kind Regards,
Mike Matassa
General Man ager
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel LaPlace
985-651-41799

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We wanted a weekend gateaway to come to a clean room after a long day of sightseeing. Only to find out that we were not getting housekeeping service unless we wanted to get charged for it. So when we needed clean towels we had to go to front desk and trade out dirty for clean towels. Take out our own trash. Linen had some stains. Only one shampoo for 3 people staying 3 nights. The bathroom was clean but toilett paper was more than half used. Furniture was damaged and needs paint touch up. Iron board cover was old and stained. We booked here due to the good reviews we saw but honestly if other hotels arround had rooms we would leave and check in somewhere else. Only one more night and we go back home, now off i go to get my towels....

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Trigo229
Suburban199, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your business and your time to post your comments. I am sorry to hear you wern't satisfied with our services. Many guests don't realize our hotel is an extended stay, which mean limited daily service, including housekeeping. However, we certainly hope if your travels bring you to our area again, you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here for almost three weeks on business. Before coming to the Suburban Extended Stay, my co-workers and I were staying at the Sun Suites in Metairie, which was pretty awful. So we were relieved to be in a clean, safe-feeling hotel.

The rooms were spacious, the kitchenette was clean and functional, and the beds were comfy. I used the laundry room several times and had no problems. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

There are three reasons why I'm giving this hotel 3 stars instead of 4. First, we had some issues with the internet. I was able to get mine working again after calling tech support, but my co-workers were not able to fix theirs. Second, the pool was fairly dirty, with visible scum along the bottom. The only reason we went in the pool was because a water pipe burst in LaPlace, taking out water to the whole city, so we couldn't shower. After swimming we felt even more dirty. Third, I had the bottom floor room on the end, and every Friday night, there was a party on the picnic tables right outside my window. My co-workers also had some issues with other people in the building who were partying in the next room.

I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area for a while. But try to avoid room 134 because it's right by the "party area." Also look into the Holiday Inn, which is just across the road. Some of our other co-workers stayed there, and it was really nice, although more expensive.

Room Tip: Avoid room 134 because the weekends get noisy right outside.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Trysta B
Suburban199, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Trysta B,

I want to thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a "clean, safe feeling hotel". I am also glad to see that you enjoyed staying in the spacious rooms, found the kitchenette clean and functional, and the beds comfy and the staff "friendly and helpful". We apologize about the issues regarding the internet and thank you for your valuable feedback. We have recently updated our internet speeds to some of the highest speeds you will find in comparison to other hotels. We apologize about the city water problem in LaPlace which was unfortunate yet out of our control. We have looked into the swimming pool complaints and have addressed the issues. I apologize about the noise from the bbq area. The bbq area was designed for guests tp relax and have cookouts however, when noise becomes an issue to nearby rooms we want to know about it so that we can properly address it.
Again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and apologize for any issues that you experienced during your stay with us. We hope to have you and yur co-workers back with us during your next trip to the area.

Mike Matassa
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
LaPlace, LA

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here one night in April 2012. Price is great. Hotel seemed clean and staff was nice. I don't smoke and don't care to be around smoking. I booked a NON SMOKING ROOM. When I checked in... the clerk said it's a Non Smoking room, but it's on a Smoking floor. Well, my fault I didn't leave at that moment. She re-iterated it is a NON Smoking room. I said ok we'll give it a whirl. I think the # is 205. I know it's on the 2nd floor because we had to take the SMOKING ELEVATOR to the Smoking floor and.....yes the room is a non smoking room, the room was very clean no smoke smell in it at all and oddly huge. The TV is about 20 feet from the bed, nice spacious room though. All was ok until later when you go to use the restroom to shower, brush your teeth or whatever and it smells of smoke!!! horribly smelly yet the room was still great. As the night goes the bathroom gets worse. We had to keep the bathroom door closed. I only used it for very brief moments so much for the shower I was looking forward to. My "Average" Rating is due to the Smoky Bathroom. I do understand the South is still in a Smoke stage of life and I'm just not used to it anymore.

Room Tip: If you're a non smoker... you don't want room 205 or anything on the smoking floor (2nd floo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cdewolf
Suburban199, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear cdewolf,

I am sorry to hear about the smoke odor your experienced during your recent stay with us. We take pride in providing clean and comfortable accommodations for our guests and it appears that was not the case with your visit.

Thank you for sharing the information and we are examining measures to prevent this from happening the future.

Thank you and we hope you will consider staying with us again when your travels bring you to the New Orleans area.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed there for only one night because hotel prices in New Orleans were absurd and we needed to be at the airport early in the next morning, but then we thought it would have been nice to stay there for more days. The room is very spacious, comfortable bed, we could buy groceries and cook whatever we wanted, it has a very functional kitchen in the room, great for extended stay. Maybe next time we pass by Louisiana we will stay there longer.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Camila F

Dear Camila,

Thank you for the nice comments and we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests and I'm happy we were able to do that for you and your family. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the New Orleans area.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed in the king suite on the ground floor for five nights. The hotel has been recently renovated and our room was spacious with a nice kitchen, garden tub and open floor plan . We used the business center and fax machine while we were there as well as the laundry facilities. All were more than adequate for our needs. The best part of this hotel was the friendly and very helpful front desk staff! We were there adopting our daughter and they were wonderful to work with! They took care of our faxes and made sure we got what was faxed to us as soon as we got in. They were extremely kind and very helpful when we needed advice on sightseeing. On our last day we were running late for our late check out and they were very nice about that and didn't push us out of our room. We would definitely stay here again! The hotel was clean and in a quieter part of town. You can't go wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melinda T
Suburban199, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Melinda,

Thank you for the nice review and for allowing us to host your family during such an exciting time in your lives. We take pride in our hotel and it is always our goal to provide outstanding and friendly service. I am pleased that you were satisfied with the accommodations and felt so welcome.

Again thank you and I do hope you will keep us in mind when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Reasonably priced for the New Orleans area, this older hotel has been well updated: granite counters, nice carpet, updated furniture. Lots of room; would work well for an extended stay (kitchenette, etc.).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family