“i got what I paid for, a place to sleep. I normally leave...”

Howard Johnson Inn - Historic Lake Charles
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Broussard
“i got what I paid for, a place to sleep. I normally leave...”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

i got what I paid for, a place to sleep. I normally leave early in the morning, before they put out breakfast, so I never get to eat it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baldwin
Reviewed October 22, 2013

First room the door didn't lock. Second room tub was dirty. Had long black hairs in it. Heard people fussing and doors slamming all night. Woke up the nect morning and discovered male underwear behind trash can

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank freelette
Spring
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Th e room was very nice I enjoy the stay. For breakfast the milk was not cold and the juice was water other then that it is a nice hotel and I will be back again..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was on the fence about getting a room here because of the mixed reviews, but was VERY glad I did. I was traveling with my mother and infant daughter and after reading some of the reviews about parking lot dark and shady area of town, I was nervous, but when I arrived, it was VERY WELL lit and it's just in an older part of town. I mean I wouldn't go walking down the road in the wee hours of morning, by myself, but its fine to spend the night and feel safe. The front desk woman was very nice and allowed me to check out the room before renting it for the night. The room was nicely updated and had all the amenities you need. I was very glad it had a fridge with freezer so I could re freeze the ice packs for the baby's cooler. The beds were comfortable and it was clean. They do offer a continental breakfast, but we arrived so late, that we slept through it. The same lady from check in was still working and she did go and turn the juice machine back on when I checked out and allowed me to grab some. All in all, this is a great place to grab a room. They do have a pool, but we didn't use it. Its a little on the small side, but it looked clean. I wouldn't listen to the negative reviews on here... It's well priced for what you get and shouldn't be looked over!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bedford
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Desk did not always answer phone calls. The person in charge at the desk said that she was filling in while the regular staff were out. She didn't know answersl to most quesitons. Wall light was missing a bulb the extension cord so it couldn't be turned on the first night. The housekeepers didn't arrive until well after noon. The controls on the AC were on top of the unit mounted so high that I had to stand on a chair with wheels and then on the end table to turn it down from being way too cold. Milk, jelly and margarine were not set out from the fridge after the first night and the milk smelled sour when I found it. We didn't go back the for the second breakfast. The system to access wi-fi didn't give all of the steps or accept the code I was given until about the fifth try. The tv channel guide on screen did not work.
The price was okay. The restroom is so small that the door can hardly be opened all the way into it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is an older hotel so it's not new and fancy. If you just need a place to sleep for the night as I did between gambling this works. The pool was nice since it goes from 4 ft. to 6 ft. And the front desk man was so nice, always smiling, and respectful. I would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends