“Wonderful place!”

The Richmond Suites Hotel
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very nice hotel.Room was very clean and comfortable! Front desk employee was friendly and polite. Had a very nice breakfast served with a choice of waffles, oatmeal, cereal, juice, milk, coffee (regular or decaf), pastries etc. Used a coupon from Hotels.com book, which made it very affordable. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Richmond Suites Hotel

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The staff were very friendly. The atmosphere was great. The room was clean. The mattress was very comfy. The most important thing of all.....I felt safe!!! The free breakfast consisted of - Boiled eggs, oatmeal, grits, toast, bagels, cereal, pastries, juice and milk. No complaints from me. For the price that I paid. EXCELLENT!!!!!! I will stay here again!!! Owners-Please give your staff a pat on the back. I appreciate their kindness!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor- on the side located closest to highway. I had no issues with noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been staying at Richmond Suites for about 4 months. The staff has been very helpful and professional. Ms. Karen has taken care of me when I forgot something. The rooms are affordable and clean. Anytime something need to be taken care of, it was taken care of immediately. I never had any problems while staying there with the neighborhood or noise. It may be a little out dated but for an extenced stay it worked perfect. I would recommend it to anyone that will be in Lake Charles for an extended period.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Safetypro1969
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The best things about this place was the big room, big inviting pool, comfortable beds and fluffy towels. Easy access from I-10, the bathroom has been updated, the room smelled fresh, and the desk personnel was friendly and efficient. The worse things were the place was dated, the breakfast was skimpy, needed some paint touch ups and the hall smelled musky. If you need a convenient, cheap, comfortable place to sleep while traveling this place is it but I don't think I would care to stay for a week.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mississippigal43
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I came to Lake Charles on business, the first hotel we stayed at was horrid. Then we found Richmond Suites, and what a gem it was. Ms. Karen was so helpful and welcoming that she literally changed our view of the town. We had a problem with our first room and Ms Karen and Ms Tisha from housekeeping went above and beyond to make us comfortable. We were so happy that it's now the only hotel that I would stay at here in Lake Charles. The amenities have a few issues but the friendly and helpful staff more the make up for the lack. To top it all off the rates are more then reasonable. But the staff is by far the most welcoming and helpful I have ever encountered. Definitely a diamond in the rough, with a homey feel. I would recommend staying here to anyone. Always ask for Ms Karen and you'll always have a good experience...

Room Tip: Inside SKL suites are awesome especially poolside
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I made a reservation. And cancelled 2 days after on 3 sepearate roooms. I HAD to cancell they still
charged me for it. If they had warned me and said we can't cancel your rooms I would had apriciated that so thank you for nothing.

Room Tip: Make real sure you want to go and no upcomings can pop up or don't even bother.
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Lake C, General Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Mr.Sergio Sanchez - while reviewing your account with Expedia you made a reservation on July 20 for 1 room for 2 adults for 1 night and then on July 22, 2013 you had Expedia cancel the reservation for your arrival on July 27, 2013. Therefore there was NO room charge since it was cancelled thru Expedia. Should you have any questions please consult with Expedia. Now with regards to your 2nd reservation for the same date of arrival it was made on July 20 and cancelled thru Expedia on July 22, again NO room charge, You can contact your booking source which is Expedia for any further information since they made your reservation and also cancelled the reseravtion within the guidelines of our contract from Expedia. Thank you for brining this matter to our attention and I am sure Expedia will correct any issues that you have. David Bartlett, General Manager

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

First off I don't know why anyone would write a bad review about this establishment....EVER!!
It's got two of the sweetest personalities I've ever had the pleasure of meeting...Mrs.Karen is phenomenal & Mrs.Tisha { head of housekeeping}...she's an awesome woman who does an outstanding job making sure you are happy & have everything in your room to make your stay easier...it's more like an apartment complex than a hotel..
My husband & I have spent 5 nights there in two trips just this month...and we love everything about Richmond Suites....
Keep up the awesomeness guys..
Positively awesome place to have a comfortable experience with poolside grilling...awesome balconies/ patios...huge pool and amazing suites...
You guys ROCK!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dashea2013
Lake C, front desk at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind and helpful reviews, We would like to welcome you back at any time when you are in the Lake Charles area.

Hotel Management.