The Richmond Suites Hotel
$93
Hampton.com
$94
Comfort Inn Lake Charles(Lake Charles)(Great Value!)
$76
$89
SpringHill Suites
Comfort Suites(Lake Charles)
$80
ComfortSuites
Red Roof Inn & Suites Lake Charles(Lake Charles)(Great Value!)
$69
$91
$86
$93
Orbitz.com
Golden Nugget Hotel(Lake Charles)
$179
$174
$179
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We, two young females from Europe, spent last night there and were terrified to find the room infested by cockroaches and other household pests. On top of that, the bathroom was filthy, the breakfast buffet simply disgusting and the pool looked like a swamp. Some staff members displayed a degree of zero motivation and a lack of hospitality which we have never experienced before. Beware of homeless people and other figures lingering round in the hallway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Lake C, Front Office Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We are very sorry you did not find the hotel suitable during your stay. The hotel has recently had a management change as well as a change in staff. We welcome you to return to see that the property is open and inviting with a very hospitable staff who will gladly go above and beyond to make your stay its best. Thank you, Richmond Suites Staff

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Poor staff to say the least, I was the ONLY one in the lobby and it took me 15 awkward minutes before the lady at the front desk even acknowledge me only to rudely check me in. Horrible area, sketchy people in the parking lot at all times. Not suitable for children. Unclean and dingy rooms. Not good for the price at all. Spring for an extra $20 and stay at the comfort suites next door.

• Stayed: March 2013

Please except our apologies for the lack of service you received while you were here. The hotel has made changes for the better regarding the staffing and I assure you that it is the staffs goal to make every guest as welcome as possible. The hotel does not allow unregistered guests or loitering. The hotel is in the middle of ongoing renovations and should look to be amazing when its completed.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

It took three rooms before they finally gave us the correct room I booked. The carpets were filty. The shower had open bottle of shampoo left from the previous occupants. Their was crap left in the bed. The romote didn't work. I've stayed in nicer rooms at motel 6! They seriously need to fire their maids and hire ones that actually want to work and get the job done properly.

1  Thank Marleeandme

Dear Marley and me, while I can not explain why the room was in such unwelcoming conditions i can tell you that the new management team that is here has hired a brand new housekeeping crew to clean these rooms. The deep cleaning the housekeeping staff is doing is fantastic! It would be our privilege to welcome you back to our hotel so that we can change your perception of the Richmond Suites. Thank you, Richmond Suites.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Suite is great except for the trash on the stove, refrigerator was not clean. The tub was filthy like it hasn't been washed in years. Someone left urine in the toilet. Jets did not work. I didn't expect to bring my own cleaning supplies to clean something that should of been cleaned.

1  Thank Jazzabel
Lake C, Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

While we can't explain why your room was in such deplorable condition we can however tell you that the hotel is under new management and we have a brand new staff of very exceptional housekeepers. We would welcome a return visit so that we can prove to you the condition of our property is in wonderful shape. Please call the hotel and make arrangements to speak with the front office manager to ensure your next stay is a success. Thank you, Richmond Suites

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was fine for a place to lay your head, but my problem arrived when I recieved my credit card statement. I stayed two nights but I was charged for three. I tried to contact the hotel and was told a manager would be in the next day so I called the next day only to get the same response. I had to file fraud charges with my credit card company. The credit card company even tried calling and they were also told the manager would be in the following day. So after filing fraud charges and the credit card company canceling my card and reissuing a new on that will be here in 7-10 days I contacted the hotel once more. As you can imagine no manager was available but when I mentioned I reported fraud charges all of a sudden the clerk could help me and is going to refund the over charge without speaking to a manager. H'mm why have i needed to be directed to a manager ever ither call? I'm not sure if they have since my card is canceled and a new one is being sent to me, so I'll update if the do refund the amount. I also get to deal with changing automatic payments to the new card because of the lack of response from Richmond Suites and the Fraud committed by them. Good luck if you stay with them!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Baf0806
Hotel M, Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

We would like to thank you for leaving such a concerned review. We apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you during your recent stay with us. The feedback we received will enable us to target the problem areas, and fix them immediately. We welcome any opportunity to improve and better serve our guest completely. Once again thank you for staying with us.

The Richmond Suites Hotel