“Home away from home....”

The Richmond Suites Hotel
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I just want to say...
For the last 6 months I am always at home when I come to Lake Charles, thanks to The Richmond Suites Hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I was expecting bad things from some comments I read, but they proved me wrong. I guess certain people in this world just want to blast and down a hotel if one "little" and I mean "little" thing goes wrong. The ladies at the front desk (Nancy, Alana) are a goldmine. They bring laughter to you when you probably had a bad day. I would say that there are just a few issues that needs to be fixed, but nothing so horrible to where I would go stay somewhere else. I would reccomend this hotel to all of my family & friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Michelle Y
There are newer reviews for The Richmond Suites Hotel

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Avoid this hotel like the plague. It used to be very nice, so we actually booked a function there, and also hotel rooms. The rooms were filty and disgusting...had not even been cleaned from the previous guests in one instance. The toilet did not work. The air was out in the room where we had the party and they kept calling the events manager, who never responded. It reached almost 100 degrees in the room, and they kept acting like there wasn't a problem. Worst of all, they refused to give us our money back. This hotel has gone bankrupt and the bank owns it and they are just trying to make money by any means possible. SHUT IT DOWN!!!! Oh, and by the way...it is, how you say...STRAIGHT GHETTO!!!

Room Tip: Building E is the only saving grace for this total dive, and that's just barely.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jennifer H
Hotel M, Manager at The Richmond Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Once again, we would like to thank you for staying with us and leaving such a concerned review. We are very sorry your stay at our hotel was less than satisfactory. We are currently under going new management, and the feedback we receive will enable us to target the problem areas, so we can accommodate our valued guest better, like yourself.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Clerks at the front desk are not so nice, actually a little RUDE!! I got very upset watching one of them being rude to an older lady. We arrived at 4pm , check in starts at 3pm. Our room was not ready. When it was ready they informed us that we could go to the room but they dont have towels ready for our room yet. We get to the room, unpack get into swimming suits to go swim in the pool, when I say WOW about the pool ,I mean WOW it was GREEN!!!! Disgusting!! Later on during the evening time around 7pm my husband went to the front desk to ask for Towels, the clerk was very rude to him saying the put towels in before we check in, he explaned that the towels weren't ready for our room at check in time for us to get them later, she treated my husband as a child.. The next morning we go to check out and have the free breakfast. I found it very unprofessional that the employees were helping themselves to the breakfast.. I will never stay there again!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank tie33

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Entrance to building does not lock. Stairwell was filthy, stains on the floor...could not tell if they were coffee or blood. Trash can in stairwell looked like it had not been emptied in a week. Hair on pillow. Room smelled, went to Walmart and bought Lysol to spray room. Had a two night stay, but checked out of that dump the next morning and found a much better hotel. Beware of booking online, the pictures online are very deceiving for this hotel. I would not stay there again if you paid for the room.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank camry007

Reviewed April 1, 2012

we changed our room 3 times, the entry door and patio door would not lock and let me tell you this is not a nice area to be in a room with unlocked doors. the toilet was filthy, black all inside the bowl, and would not flush, gunky stuff in the tub, the shampoo had been used and put back. A roach was on the floor and had been there long enough to be in the crunchy state. There was a coffee pot but no coffee or cups. A dried blood stain was on the carpet in the hallway. The doors to get in the units were not locked even though there is a sign that says you had to have room key to get in. beer bottles were laying on the grounds. hotel clerk was very nice. we turned our third keys in and drove home. no refund she refused but i would have rather have slept in my car. at least my doors lock..avoid this place no matter how good the deal is. the pictures posted on here are clearly not that hotel and the good reviews well they either work there or they are family or they just dont care where they stay. this is a crappy horrible disgusting dump. it looks like a place to see a drug deal go down. i took pictures of all the disgust and i will be calling the health department. im sure bed bugs can be found but i would not touch the bedspread to look at the bed. i doubt the sheets have been changed. nothing else was cleaned. very disappointing. we booked this for my husbands birthday but instead we were on the highway getting the hell up out of that dump.

Room Tip: go anywhere else but here
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hotntx59
Reviewed March 29, 2012

It really *was* a suite! Room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. Staff were all super-friendly. TVs in the living room and bedroom, large tub with plenty of hot water, kitchenette... breakfast in the morning... all for a fantastic rate! I'd go back. If having a functional pool and hot tub are important to you, I'd call first. When I was there (March 2012), they hadn't been made operational yet. I'm a fan of those things, but the stay was still excellent without them...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2012

When I made my reservations, I made it through hotwire and got this hotel for sa total of $50. I was worried when I read the reviews, but when I got there, I was extremely pleased. Huge rooms everything is clean. The previous owners let it fall below expectations, but since October 2011, new owners have taken over and are going to try and get it back to being a 5 star hotel. I didn't bring my computer so I don't know if it would have worked. They had a breakfast which I missed since I slept in late. The King size beds were huge and comfortable. The TV had many stations. The staff was very nice. I would definately go back and the price was amazing since it was actually a chance I took not knowing where I was going to be.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends