“Yummy Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on the way to New Orleans. I had the grilled tuna salad. It was one of the best salads I've had in a while! The tuna was cooked perfectly, the greens were fresh and crispy, and they make their own salad dressings (I had the cirtis vinagrette which was great). We also had the crawfish bread which was yummy also.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was visiting Lake Charles and I stopped into the outside restaurant side, and 3 people asked me to join them for drinks, I did not know them, but I said, Okay! And they were eating lunch outside and having fun and they bought me a beer, and we sat and talked for about one hour, I really had fun with them. It was a great time!

1  Thank susanhylands
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Found this place on Sunday afternoon through Tripadvisor, listed as #1 in Lake Charles.
Would have loved to go for Jazz bruch, however made it about 6-ish. The downtown area isn't far from IH-10, and several cute restaurants seem to be thriving down there.
The cloudy afternoon kept the heat down, so we sat out in the delightful patio. A bandstand was set up in a shady area with ceiling fans, and umbrellas were shading the tables. Herbs were growing in containers near the tables.
The interior was nice and cool, but didn't spend much time inside.
I thought we were having music, because some guy played one song, but he never returned, too bad. I would love to go back again for Sunday brunch. I'm sure inside you can probably hear the band outside.
We had a crawfish pistolette (best I've ever tried) and a bisque (I think it was crab and corn) for appetizers, and were impressed.
The Luna Tuna was great. Many places overcook tuna, but the sever asked how we liked ours, and they got it right. Side of creamed spinach was very good, spouse had grilled veggies as his side and they were fresh and delicious (many places just give you the microwaved/from frozen version of mixed veggies.)
Just before leaving, I went to the ladies' room, and it needed a good cleaning.
The floor was dirty in the corners, and the sink wasn't clean around the faucets.
If the management is reading this review: please take note-this is important and in my opinion, the only negative.

2  Thank txgirl049
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Fantastic fried artichoke hearts!! Steak was excellent and the staff were all nice and polite and inviting.

2  Thank Claire S
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I understand why it ranks number 1 in Lake Charles! I had the Luna Tuna. It was incredible! The best tuna I've ever had. It was tender and flakey, cooked to perfection. I chose the cheese garlic mashed potatoes as my side, they were delicious. The inside is like your average bar & grill, but there's a gorgeous outdoor seating area behind an ornamental black iron gate. I believe they have live music there on weekends. The service was fast & friendly. Very nice place!

1  Thank Kay M