“Price refund” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Price refund”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed at this one on lake street had non smoking room but was on a smoking floor,when you got off the elevator the hall smelled strongly of smoke. We checked out a day early and two this day which is 15 days later they can not get my credit cake to me manager keeps the
Ling me it is my banks fault when the bank had nothing to do with it. Asked to speak to someone over him and he refuses to give me a name or a way to contact the owner,my friend that also had a room also is having the same problem.manager had nerve to ask me why I feel the need to continually ca
L him on this matter he has taken care of it, I call for it does not reflect in my bank account.

Room Tip: Can not recommend any rooms due to the fact I did not visit any other floors I can day if you are a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Nehemiah T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Your non smoking room was actually on a floor that also has some smoking rooms. We did not have a non smoking room on a total non smoking floor because we were at full capacity.

I do remember speaking with you about checking out a day early and I remember telling you that you would get a refund after a minimum of 15 business days - and some banks take even longer.

If you are in our area in the near future, please give us another try.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Paid $100 for a room for one night and walked in to holes in the hallways, and beyond nasty carpet. Get in the room and it stinks, the mirrors are busted and there are bugs crawling all over the refrigerator. DO NOT STAY HERE. We went down the road to the Holiday Inn Express and were able to get a huge suite for $50 more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie P
Dear Traveler,

We checked our records for all of July and none of our guests paid $100 for a night's stay, so you might have this hotel mixed up with another one.

We are always advised by our Housekeeping department of anything that needs attention in our rooms - including holes in the carpet and any bugs that are detected - and we immediately take action to take care of those items. These above items were not mentioned to us; in addition, we started a renovation in February and are continuing to make additional upgrades to the property.

We hope you will visit us again if you are ever in our area.

Management
Roanoke, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We were very tired from our day of traveling. Beds were comfortable, sheets were clean. Dead roach in bathroom but at least that meant the bug killer was working...Would choose another place to stay next time.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank nmoore84
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Wwe have stayed here several times, most recently for my daughters graduation. This is a nice hotel and an excellent value. The staff is very friendly and it is in a great location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dayton Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I really hate to give this hotel such a low score because all of the staff were very helpful, freindly and attentive. Unfortunately it could use a good cleaning, the carpets in the rooms were so dirty they turn your socks black, the refrigerator in my room didn't work, the pool was down the first day I was there and the bathroom received a good bleach cleaning by me. The hall on the third floor really smelled of smoke, but after one of the other patrons mentioned it on her way past the front desk, it smelled a lot better when I got back. I checked for bed bugs and found none, so that was good. The pool was working the next day and that was nice to cool off in. Really with just a good detailed cleaning and a little minor maintenance this could easily be a 3 to 31/2 star hotel. the bed was very comfortable and they have some newer LCD flat screen tv's in the rooms and again the staff is very nice and helpful. if you want to save some money and don't mind doing a little cleaning yourself go ahead and give it a try. It is changing brands from MIcrotel to America's Best Inns and Suites, so maybe it will get some updating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo