“About what I expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3211 Venture Park Drive, I-210 & LA 14, Lake Charles, LA 70615 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
Alexandria, Louisiana, United States
“About what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel wasn't fancy but had a nice, comfortable bed wtih a flat-screen TV. I normally stay there every time I am in Lake Charles. There are a few restaurants and a Wal-Mart nearby and it's right off the interstate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Guest room carpet is filthy! A little cleaning would go a long way if they don't want to replace it! The bed spreads are probably as old as the hotel. Mine had a tear at one time and had a patch sewn on over the top of it. When going to take a shower in the morning, there was a roach in the shower! This property should be called "Sleep Inn Your Car"!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Lake Charles hotels

Mandeville, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was late arriving at Sleep Inn. Checked in at 10 pm. Upon entering the room and turning on the light, bugs were seen crawling everywhere. On the bed, the walls, the door, the nightstand and in the bathroom were various sized,roundish bugs that did not appear to be roaches. Was in a big hurry to get out of the room. Went to desk clerk and was given another room. Did not appear to be any bugs in the second room. Needless to say, I did not get a good nights sleep. Very traumatic!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I spend 150+ nights per year in hotels, and I mostly stay in Choice Brand Hotels. One of my top concerns when staying at a hotel is the speed of their internet. This hotel showed 12-14 Mbps down on speedtest.net while connected to choice3 (2nd or 3rd floor about halfway down is the best reception). The room was adequate, and the one downside was the office chair. The style featured a very low back, no head support. The bed was comfortable. The room I rented was non-smoking, but still smelled a bit like a smoking room. It was a trade-off for the best internet speed.

Rooms are in need of renovation or at least deep cleaning. It would go a long way towards making guests feel more comfortable and confident about staying here.

I'll stay again just for the internet speed alone, but I have stayed in nicer places for around the same price range.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nathan T
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Almost a good hotel. Filthy. Second and third floor reeked of smoke. Bed reeked of smoke and I'm not sure if the sheets were changed.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Madtmac
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Reserved 2 non-smoking, 2 queen rooms over a month prior to arrival. After traveling 9 hours, I had to wait 10 mins for the receptionist to show up at the front desk and was given 2 king suites with sleeper sofas, one was smoking. The rooms were rancid. Smoke had permeated all surfaces! Cigarette packaging was still stuffed in the sleeper sofa too. I was able to switch rooms after I expressed my concern for my 3 year old that has asthma. After an hour in the new room, the ac started making a loud banging noise. Front desk came to fix the problem. The banging noise resumed every 2-3 hours. The tub water was difficult to turn off and on due to the faucet being broken. If I hadn't already paid for 3 nights, we would've switched hotels. It was truly ridiculous.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank shanejenn
Lacombe, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel should be torn down and rebuilt ! The staff was helpful and friendly. We had four rooms reserved. When we arrived all four rooms were charged to credit cards, but was handed empty key sleeve. We were told your rooms are reserved but couldn't give us keys because they were being cleaned. We left to eat. On return, two of four rooms were reassigned to some other group. My party went to our room to find it to be fithy dirty and full of smoke. We complained. It took the poor young lady working the desk near 40 minutes to find us a room. She said there is one problem, I will come to the room to show you. The jacuzzi tub have a 8 inch circular crack in the tub. We had to straddle over the crack, so we did not sink in the crack any further. When we retired for the night, we pulled the comforter down to find on the end of the comforter a huge brown stain. We threw the comforter on the floor. We did not call for another comforter for fear of what we would receive. The next morning we informed the desk clerk we would never stay in any SLEEP INN ever again. She discounted us $10., which I appreciate, but feel we shouldnt have been charged at all. Our other group all had similar problems in thier rooms also. Free Breakfast.....should have paid us to eat there !!!!

Room Tip: check the room you will be staying in before you pay !!!!!