“Can I Give ZERO marks?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
Palm Coast, Florida
“Can I Give ZERO marks?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was the WORSE experience of our two-way trip from Texas to Florida! This is only directed at the Motel 6 off Opelousas Street at Exit 32 off I-10. After a long day on the road we stopped there one night in July. It looked kinda creepy to begin with, but when I walked in the lobby and the clerk (?), who looked like she was angry at the entire world, started to check me in, my husband came running in from the parking lot, summoning me. Because this is not like him at all I followed him outside and the clerk kept yelling, "DO YOU WANT THE ROOM OR NOT???" in a voice that could easily be heard by the other 5 people waiting in the lobby. My husband told me he wanted to leave, that he had just been STRONGLY propositioned by a prostitute in the parking lot, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE OFFICE. Long story short, the clerk came out to me yelling and screaming, calling me foul names and telling my husband to get his "Punk A__ BI___ wife out of there or she was calling the police. Because she said nothing about the prostitute I complained to her about, I think maybe this is a regular practice at this hotel.

She's no longer there, from what I understand, but we had horrible experiences at both Motel 6's we stopped at in Louisiana. My request to Mr. Tom Burdette who promises to keep the light on for me? "TURN IT RED OR TURN IT OFF!)

Drive to Beaumont Texas and stay at the same-priced Red Roof Inn. They're pet friendly and the people at this beautifully appointed hotel are professional and friendly.

Room Tip: Keep on Driving down I-10!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jjsnork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Booked 3 rooms as soon as I got into town and got my money back 5 minutes later. Prostitutes walkin around, guys looking in cars as they walk by. Rooms had a horrible smell got my money back. Went to and other place..Avoid this place...not to mention there was pubic hairs on the bed and stains.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Unknown200
Queenstown, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Bottom of the barrel even for Motel 6. Non-smoking room stank of smoke. Cigarette burns in bed covers. Toilet ran all night. Call to desk made no difference as there was one person supervising a staff of none. A forceful complaint the next morning resulted in a promise for a $20 rebate on my $52 bill which I am still waiting to see reflected in my account. The neighborhood is beat up. Homeless people pushing shopping carts. Lots of pawn shops and beverage stores.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in this motel 6
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michael R
Dayton, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is by far the worst Motel 6 I have ever stayed in. The room was not clean and bathroom was dirty. I have never had to pay for high speed internet and besides, it didnt work after paying for it. The room smelled of smoke although we requested a non-smoking room. We also requested a king size bed and recieved a room with a small double bed. REALLY!!!!. I will never stay at another Motel 6. This was a horrible experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Missy W
Texarkana, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

The sheets had urine on them and we assume it was from the previous guest that had soiled the bed and no one thought to replace the mattress. The lobby was nasty we did not even want to go and get any ice because the film that was lurking in the machine. This place is nasty and the service is very poor the old lady that claimed she was the manager, which we never saw a name tag offered to buy us breakfast for our complaints on the room. Someone needs to address the place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beta69xx
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were on our way to New Orleans for the New Year's holiday and stopped here for a few hours rest before continuing our drive. The sleep was OK except the cleaning agent on the bed linens made me sneeze a lot. There were NO trash cans in the room, the faucet spewed forth some black particles when initially turrned on, the TV's remote control did not work at all, the plugs near the sink did not work, and the carpet felt grimy (so we questioned the cleanliness of everything in the room...ICK!!).

We like to stay in Motel 6s when we travel because the rates are good and we normally have a predictable experience for a good sleep and a nice shower. There was a police patrol in the parking lot all night so our car was safe. But, the next morning when I turned in my key cards, the clerk tried to "bribe" us with breakfast somewhere after I told her about my pending Trip Advisor review and the troubles we had. Of course, I declined the breakfast. (She could not tell me where a local good breakfast place was anyway.)

NOTE: The Motel 6 in New Orleans on Old Gentilly Road was excellent compared to this one!

Room Tip: Don't bother...keep driving!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank runningcow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

This motel was disgusting, old, worn, trashy, drug infested dump. When we arrived it was so hot in the area of check-in that my husband had to go catch his breath while we stood there patiently waiting in that sweat box and the clerk acted as if it wasn't hot as she took her time. When we finally got to the room it smelled like something died in it. We returned to the front and was moved to another room that smelled a little better but had all sorts of surprises on the wall as they were dirty with grime and gunk. The tub had a dirt ring as if it hadnt been cleaned in a year. Good thing we travel with bedding because the comforter had things that resemble feces and urine on it. If we hadn't traveled 300 miles we would have cut our loses and got out of there quick. To top it all off as we checked out and let the lady at the desk know about our stay an older lady appeared out and annouced that she was the manager and instead of apologizing that debocial she defends the nasty room saying that she personally checked those rooms and we just told her we see why the rooms look like they do and walked out. After all at the end of the day its their loss If they don't care to know we will not stay at a Notel6 ever again.

• Stayed July 2011