“Best sandwich ever!!”

Ranked #3 of 310 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 28, 2015 via mobile

A cozy sports bar. Good service. But the Daryll roast beef poboy is what you want. Best ever. Beats any poboy from New Orleans.

Reviewed October 28, 2015

Wow !! Thankfully we happened to be hungry when we were passing through Lake Charles or we would have just sailed through on our way to New Orleans and we'd have missed this place. THE BEST POBOYS I've ever had. I had the brisket and it really was outrageously delicious. And the bread - amazing !! I would drive far out of my way to go back to Darrell's.

1  Thank eliza111
Reviewed October 28, 2015

Darrell's is a bar primarily but they have the BEST sandwiches. I go with either the Special (turkey,ham, and roast beef) or the shrimp (scampi style, not fried) with cheese and jalepeno mayo. No fries, only chips. Totally worth the stop. Also have drive through window for call ahead orders

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed October 27, 2015

I remember when this place was -THE- spot, but it's gotten worse and worse lately. The sandwiches have always been sloppy, but at least they were served hot and fresh. It seems very little care goes into the food now and the building is more of a fast food place (quality, not time) that serves beer. For the price, I suppose it's fine. Really salty too.

Reviewed October 27, 2015

If you are in Lake Charles and want the best po-boy around, you must try Darrell's. The French bread is perfect, and the Darrell's Special (several types of meat, cheese and gravy) is really good. You will need several napkins while you are eating it. Darrell's can get pretty crowded around meal time, so you might want to go early.

Date of visit: August 2015