“Favorite poor place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Darrell's

Darrell's
Ranked #2 of 265 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
DeRidder, Louisiana, United States
“Favorite poor place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Best poboy ever period. Gotta have the Darrell's special! Nobody can copy it and nobody can beat it! I live an hour away and get huge cravings for them and will drive just to eat one and come home! Kid friendly during the day...the waitresses are always extremely nice and friendly to my kids and me!

• Visited February 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Honky-tonk Po' Boy Heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

A hotel desk clerk sent me to Darrel's because I didn't want fancy. I sat at the bar, watched football on the big screen, drank a couple buds and had a shrimp Po'boy with sauteed fresh shrimp, jalapenos, onions and a homemade sauce on fresh-baked roll that was still warm from the oven. The music was loud, the people watching was good, the bartender was a Tar Heels fan and I still think about that Po Boy!

• Visited December 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Darrell's is the best thing about Lake Charles. I said it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Darrell's sandwiches are, in my opinion, pretty much the only valid reason to visit Lake Charles. Darrell's sandwiches are the best poboys in the universe. This is probably because I was educated in the LA school system, but I truly believe that the earth revolves around Darrell's poboys. If I were on death row, I would want my last meal to be a Darrell's special with jalapeño mayonnaise. You show me someone who has eaten a Darrell's special and says it's not the best poboy they've ever tasted and I'll show you a LIAR!

• Visited December 2012
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Best Poboys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Darrell's has the best poboys in town. Any of the sandwiches are good. Darrell's special or surf & turf is my favorite. Just a great place to sit down and watch the game enjoy some great food and hang out with friends.

• Visited January 2013
Texas
“Cool local hangout!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Our server was sweet. She had a smile the whole time. We arrived right after the lunch hour on Saturday. It was still busy but the crowd thinned a little while we were eating. Scout out an empty table by yourself or hang out at the bar until you can get one.

Cold beer, good juke box, and a great sandwich. What more could you want?
We also had them pack a to-go Darrel's special for our son. It made the trip to Houston just fine and he loved it too.

Don't know where some of the previous bad commenters are coming from. It was totally clean, the attitude was chill, the service was great, the vibe was local and oh yeah the sandwiches are pretty darn good.