“Darrell's is the best thing about Lake Charles. I said it.”
Review of Darrell's

Darrell's
Ranked #2 of 268 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Darrell's sandwiches are, in my opinion, pretty much the only valid reason to visit Lake Charles. Darrell's sandwiches are the best poboys in the universe. This is probably because I was educated in the LA school system, but I truly believe that the earth revolves around Darrell's poboys. If I were on death row, I would want my last meal to be a Darrell's special with jalapeño mayonnaise. You show me someone who has eaten a Darrell's special and says it's not the best poboy they've ever tasted and I'll show you a LIAR!

There are newer reviews for Darrell's

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Darrell's has the best poboys in town. Any of the sandwiches are good. Darrell's special or surf & turf is my favorite. Just a great place to sit down and watch the game enjoy some great food and hang out with friends.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our server was sweet. She had a smile the whole time. We arrived right after the lunch hour on Saturday. It was still busy but the crowd thinned a little while we were eating. Scout out an empty table by yourself or hang out at the bar until you can get one.

Cold beer, good juke box, and a great sandwich. What more could you want?
We also had them pack a to-go Darrel's special for our son. It made the trip to Houston just fine and he loved it too.

Don't know where some of the previous bad commenters are coming from. It was totally clean, the attitude was chill, the service was great, the vibe was local and oh yeah the sandwiches are pretty darn good.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Get the BBQ Brisket with no lettuce and regular mayonaise. If you get this, you have tasted heaven. HEAVEN. And don't forget to get an ice cold Dr. Pepper on to go with it. Then you have the meal of a king. And not the king of like a third world country, the king of England or something. Straight up delicous.

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I was taken here years ago by a friend who had eaten many meals here while in college at McNeese University. So while passing through recently, I wanted my wife to try it out. It was just as good as I had experienced the first time. Great sandwiches, very juicy and they do not scrimp! Still has many students coming in as the campus is nearby so it is has a busy upbeat atmosphere with college banners and some flatscreen tv spaced around. There is a bar right in the middle but it still feels more restaurant than bar for sure. Service is prompt and attentive with a smile. I'll choose a place like this over a chain anyday!

1  Thank chext57