“Very good sandwich - Not so good atmosphere”
Review of Darrell's

Darrell's
Ranked #2 of 268 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I saw the reviews for Darrell's and decided to try them on Saturday, August 11, 2012. The restaurant was packed. As advertised the Sandwich was very good. I tried the Darrel's special. The service was OK. Probably because they were so busy. The tables are packed so close together I thought we were eating with the people at the next table. The music was so loud you could hardly talk to the person next to you. Next time I think I will get a sandwich to go.

2  Thank Kelly V
There are newer reviews for Darrell's

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very unusual in that most sandwiches come with three cheeses in addition to the meats or whatever. My wife had the shrimp poboy which had grilled shrimp and the cheeses and loved it. I had the Darrells special with the three meats and three cheeses and it was great. The jalepeno mayonaise was a hit but be aware there are large chunks of jalepeno in the mayonaise. It's not hot, but spicy. Also, the large poboy is 'big'. The small is quite enough unless you have a big appetite.

1  Thank lalexius
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Places like Darrell's are why I read and write reviews on here. This place has the best sandwiches you can imagine, and I wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for sites like this one, so thanks everyone. So, here’s my take…We were travelling cross-country and took a little detour to Darrell's, and boy are we glad we did. The whole family got a different sandwich, and all of them were awesome. Personally, I ordered the shrimp and roast beef, and I had no idea those two meats could get together and make my mouth so incredulously happy. Get the jalapeño mayo (on the side), and dig in. All of us agreed that they were the best sandwiches we ever had, and our ages were from two to 78! This is a must visit if you are anywhere near Lake Charles.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

10 of my friends were in town for a convention and we ate at Darrell's! Everyone loved the sandwiches, which were hot, tasty and full of great fresh ingredients! The service was very good and all of us plan to go back every time we visit Lake Charles!

1  Thank DebbieLakeCharles
Reviewed August 4, 2012

You have to go to Darrell's and get the Darrell's Special PoBoy---it is out of this world---So glad they are back in business after having to rentavate after the fire

1  Thank Kay G