“Good location and view”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was just a one night enroute to New Orleans. Great view of the lake. Comfy bed, spacious king room with sleeper sofa. Everything you could ask for fridge, coffeemaker, microwave, breakfast that included. Scrambled eggs, sausages, grits, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit coffee, juice. Only complaints were that the fruit seemed old, the apple juice was watery and the creamer was bad.

Tip: eat at Steamboat Bills and take a drive around the lake to look at the fantastic plantation style homes

Room Tip: Ask for lake view on higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed there from July 3 - July 7 2013 with reservations for two rooms both with double beds. The only good comment is that Kiara was by far the best employee at the hotel and made the experience tolerable. First issue was I immediately noticed that there was a 3 cent difference for identical room (???). No big deal if I was the only guest this happened to but if it occurs with all guest it becomes a big deal. The sheets and blankets on two of the beds had stains (looked unwashed). Upon request, the beddings were changed. The refrigerator did not work and washer in laundry room was broken. Signs are posted that this is a "non-smonking" hotel and upon check-in I was required to initial the check-in sheet stating that we could not smoke in the rooms - all people before us obviously were not informed that this was a "non-smoking" hotel because the entire hotel from the lobby to the rooms reeked of smoke. Great location but this hotel is due for a major renovation. I will not be a repeat customer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Deb T
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I first off let me say this.....the management there sucks!!! He's a complete retard. Very rude, and careless. The housekeepers there are rude and very nosy as well as lazy! The rooms are by far outdated, and they smell like garbage, hell even the non smoking rooms or horrid. Not to mention that if u rent I sweet.....ur jacuzzi WIL NOT work. (I had to move 3x). The air conditioner didn't even work for Christ sake, neither did the remote....or phone!!!!! I could not even dail 911 if I needed to. If u r reading this, take my advice.....don't stay here I'm telling u. Motel 6 wuld have been luxurious onside this over rated hotel. Enter at ur own risk, I'm out on that note. Ty.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BreZena G
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here for the night 6/15/13. First room I was put in the a/c didn't cool. Gave it time on high and as cold as it could go on thermostat and still didn't cool the room after 3 or 4 hours. I was upgraded to a "whirlpool" suite had problems with that a/c not cooling. The lady at the front desk came in and helped. Also said I would be given a 10% discount since the second room had problems too. I didn't get the 10% and was charged more for the so called upgrade. Spoke with someone after I noticed the charge on my card. I got the extra charged credited back but since the lady at the front desk no longer works there (two days later) I will not be given the 10% discount. I doubt I'll be staying at another America's Best Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We apologize for the problems with the AC units not working properly. We are currently replacing all suites with brand new AC's. I am sorry about the charge on your credit card but happy it was corrected. If you would call me I will make sure your 10% is credited back to your card. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. Thank you

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Lady at front desk very rude and not accommodating not friendly.... lady cooking food and serving drinks was very nice and friendly. Room looked OK until we realized sofa bed completely broke refrigerator broke night table broke...when i reported to night staff that sofa bed was broke he didn't even apologize he told me that being in handicap room we were lucky we had a sofa bed well the thing is we didn't ask for handicap room that is what they gave us...shower had someone else's hair all over shower walls...I understand things break and stuff happens but the worst part is when your staff isn't even apologetic about the inconvience that's what is annoying...I do have to say breakfast was very good....

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for your experience with the front desk staff and the maintenance issues in your room. Those maintenance issues were immediately resolved. We do not tolerate rudeness at the front desk and that person was terminated. We really hope you will give us another chance. Thank you again for your comments as these are the best tools in making sure every guest has a great experience. Thank you very much

Reviewed May 19, 2013

In town for a soccer tournament. Front desk worker was rude to some others who came in and aske for information or flat out ignored them. I was being checked in by a male, who while he was not rude, did not engage me at all. Offered some information to some he checked in but not to others. The festival Contraband Days was in full swing. When the other family with which we were traveling came in it took a long time. My room was not clean. The finish on the tub was cracked and missing in many places. The bathroom floor tile was cracked. The decor was 1980's, I thought it might be well kept because the facility is close to the civic center it was not. The elevator interior was green faux marble finish. the doors and walls of the elevator were scratched with graffiti. Our room did have the pocket door to divide the rooms, but then the room with the pull out sofa was hot. At approximately 4:50 one of the travelling friends wanted some coffee, we went to the manager's reception. The only thing available was buffalo wings. I went up to get the wings and was told by the person who set up the "reception" that I couldn't eat becuase it was not 5:00. But I did point out to him that he had buffalo wing sauce all over his face. The next morning, I also saw him wearing a maintenance uniform. People couldn't get extra towels because according to the desk clerk, housekeeping was not doing their job. Other families we were traveling with came over to walk to the festival and the female desk clerk was rude to them. Sofa in lobby needs to be repaired. I only wish I had photos.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sister Q

I am very sorry about your experience during your stay. I have addressed the issues in your comment with my staff to make sure these do not occur again. Your business is very important us and we hope you will give us another chance. Thank you

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Do not stay here. There are be bugs. Stayed here 5/11/2013. I just I did not bring them home with me. I got bit bad. This place is old. Not well kept. The carpet is old. I slept on the couch I on a first floor room.

Room Tip: Stay away find another place. If you stay inspect the room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clearlakemark
David R, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

I just wanted to personally apologize for the bug bites you got in your room. We immediately called Terminex to come out the next day to spray and check the room. We take this very seriously. All rooms are sprayed once a month due to our hotel being pet friendly. We would like to make it up to you. Please give me a call at the hotel. Thank you