“Staff rude and not helpful” 3 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Inn and Suites

America's Best Inn and Suites
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
“Staff rude and not helpful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Lady at front desk very rude and not accommodating not friendly.... lady cooking food and serving drinks was very nice and friendly. Room looked OK until we realized sofa bed completely broke refrigerator broke night table broke...when i reported to night staff that sofa bed was broke he didn't even apologize he told me that being in handicap room we were lucky we had a sofa bed well the thing is we didn't ask for handicap room that is what they gave us...shower had someone else's hair all over shower walls...I understand things break and stuff happens but the worst part is when your staff isn't even apologetic about the inconvience that's what is annoying...I do have to say breakfast was very good....

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
David R, General Manager at America's Best Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for your experience with the front desk staff and the maintenance issues in your room. Those maintenance issues were immediately resolved. We do not tolerate rudeness at the front desk and that person was terminated. We really hope you will give us another chance. Thank you again for your comments as these are the best tools in making sure every guest has a great experience. Thank you very much

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Alexandria, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

In town for a soccer tournament. Front desk worker was rude to some others who came in and aske for information or flat out ignored them. I was being checked in by a male, who while he was not rude, did not engage me at all. Offered some information to some he checked in but not to others. The festival Contraband Days was in full swing. When the other family with which we were traveling came in it took a long time. My room was not clean. The finish on the tub was cracked and missing in many places. The bathroom floor tile was cracked. The decor was 1980's, I thought it might be well kept because the facility is close to the civic center it was not. The elevator interior was green faux marble finish. the doors and walls of the elevator were scratched with graffiti. Our room did have the pocket door to divide the rooms, but then the room with the pull out sofa was hot. At approximately 4:50 one of the travelling friends wanted some coffee, we went to the manager's reception. The only thing available was buffalo wings. I went up to get the wings and was told by the person who set up the "reception" that I couldn't eat becuase it was not 5:00. But I did point out to him that he had buffalo wing sauce all over his face. The next morning, I also saw him wearing a maintenance uniform. People couldn't get extra towels because according to the desk clerk, housekeeping was not doing their job. Other families we were traveling with came over to walk to the festival and the female desk clerk was rude to them. Sofa in lobby needs to be repaired. I only wish I had photos.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sister Q
I am very sorry about your experience during your stay. I have addressed the issues in your comment with my staff to make sure these do not occur again. Your business is very important us and we hope you will give us another chance. Thank you

Travelers are raving about these Lake Charles hotels

League City, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Do not stay here. There are be bugs. Stayed here 5/11/2013. I just I did not bring them home with me. I got bit bad. This place is old. Not well kept. The carpet is old. I slept on the couch I on a first floor room.

Room Tip: Stay away find another place. If you stay inspect the room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clearlakemark
David R, Manager at America's Best Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I just wanted to personally apologize for the bug bites you got in your room. We immediately called Terminex to come out the next day to spray and check the room. We take this very seriously. All rooms are sprayed once a month due to our hotel being pet friendly. We would like to make it up to you. Please give me a call at the hotel. Thank you
Staunton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lobby is dingy and carpets throughout are just plain dirty and the place smells. Someone is making good $ from this place because it was nearly full. When you see a sign over the check-in that says "No Partying" you begin to wonder. Room layout was weird with a half wall separating sitting area from bed. One bolt of Toilet seat was broken and the fixtures were definitely 1980s. Furniture in room was early attic and the heat/air did not work; just blew air with fan on. Breakfast was sausage and scrambled eggs and ok except the good looking mixed fruit was still too frozen to eat. Staff was very nice and friendly. There are a lot of nicer places to stay in Lake Charles even though they may be more than $80 a night, it would be worth it.

Room Tip: Not sure that there are any rooms that one would recommend.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tee-Bone-Tee
David R, General Manager at America's Best Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your experience at America's Best Suites in Lake Charles. We take every comment very seriously. I am dissapointed that your stay was less than satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for the maintenance issues you encountered in your room. I assure you that I will follow up with my staff on these issues. Again, we are so sorry your stay wasn't what you expected and hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had a wonderful checkin the clerk cashmere was very helpful and nice. The room was very clean and 5-7 FREE beer the bartender was great too breakfast was awesome and they also have mapquest services which is very helpful if you do not know your way around the way town loved my stay will come back soon! :)

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Averybell
David R, General Manager at America's Best Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments are an important tool in providing the service our customers expect. I will personally let Kasmir know that she did a great job. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We only stayed one night, and found the hotel clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, making the stay more enjoyable. Everything worked in the room, and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding!! We would stay here again next time through Lake Charles. Location makes it easy to find.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank retired42
David R, General Manager at America's Best Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay. Our goal is to make sure all expectations are met and that every guest is satisfied. Your comments are very important. We hope to see you again in the near future.