“Feeling Good in Lake Charles” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Feeling Good in Lake Charles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

OK, here’s the deal, when I’ve been driving all day I do not want a hassle when I get to my hotel. I want friendly people who will give me the information I need to have a comfortable stay. You may think me old fashioned but I’m paying and I think that’s all that should be required of me. The people at Lake Charles were nice, not as nice as the people in Mobile but way better than the people in Beaumont. I’m thinking that Holiday Inn needs some standardization in their training program.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Cleanliness is the single most important detail of any place that I stay. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles on Martin Luther King Highway is tops for cleanliness, starting at the front desk.
Add a knowledgeable, courteous and friendly staff.
This motel is "three for three" in the past year. They set the standard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael L
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a good location to access the 10E bypass which can get you anywhere in the city within 10 minutes however depends on which way you coming its hard to get to the hotel without making a UTURN. The experience staying was nice only issue I had was the day time change the breakfast bar was shut down and many customers were hungry. I seen at least a dozen people come down to eat and couldn't however that was my own fault and we went to the Laburge casino to eat.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank highenuff77
holidayinnexpresslak, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our location. With a freeway location, u-turns are often inevitable, but most guests don’t find that too inconvenient. I’m sorry that there was some confusion about the breakfast hours with the time change. For any ways we contributed to this, I sincerely apologize. I hope we can have the pleasure of having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked this room online and didn't read any reviews before booking so I didn't know what to expect. Wow!! I loved everything about this hotel... Except that our jets in the spa tub didn't work but because everything else that was perfect I didn't complain. This is a very clean peaceful and friendly hotel everyone on the staff was very nice and helpful they all went above and beyond to ensure that my husband and I were comfortable. We woke up late on check out day and it caused us to checkout 30 mins late and they didn't seem to mind. So relaxing;0)))

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Prejean79
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here on our way to New Orleans and were amazed. The interior of the facility is lovely; the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful; and the beds were some of the most comfortable we have ever experienced in a hotel of any price. A little tricky to get in & out & around town, but staff gave helpful advice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The whole crew worked together as a team. They all went out of their way to make our stay memorable. The owner was right there... We felt that they truly appreciated our business with their kindness and warmth. They recommended where to eat and where to visit. We would stay here again when in the area. The room was clean, smelled good and we slept like babies.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank debbieparker
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and I was surprised by how beautiful it was. Upon entry their is a beautiful staircase and chandelier. The lobby furniture was very modern and up to date. The rooms were clean and very spacious. The queen suite included 2 queen size beds, a sofabed, work desk, dining table, jet tub, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, and sink. With all these ammenities there was still plenty of room! Rebecca at the front desk was very helpful and provided us with good customer service. I will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends