“Good and bad location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
Fresno, Texas
“Good and bad location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a good location to access the 10E bypass which can get you anywhere in the city within 10 minutes however depends on which way you coming its hard to get to the hotel without making a UTURN. The experience staying was nice only issue I had was the day time change the breakfast bar was shut down and many customers were hungry. I seen at least a dozen people come down to eat and couldn't however that was my own fault and we went to the Laburge casino to eat.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank highenuff77
holidayinnexpresslak, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our location. With a freeway location, u-turns are often inevitable, but most guests don’t find that too inconvenient. I’m sorry that there was some confusion about the breakfast hours with the time change. For any ways we contributed to this, I sincerely apologize. I hope we can have the pleasure of having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked this room online and didn't read any reviews before booking so I didn't know what to expect. Wow!! I loved everything about this hotel... Except that our jets in the spa tub didn't work but because everything else that was perfect I didn't complain. This is a very clean peaceful and friendly hotel everyone on the staff was very nice and helpful they all went above and beyond to ensure that my husband and I were comfortable. We woke up late on check out day and it caused us to checkout 30 mins late and they didn't seem to mind. So relaxing;0)))

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Prejean79
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here on our way to New Orleans and were amazed. The interior of the facility is lovely; the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful; and the beds were some of the most comfortable we have ever experienced in a hotel of any price. A little tricky to get in & out & around town, but staff gave helpful advice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The whole crew worked together as a team. They all went out of their way to make our stay memorable. The owner was right there... We felt that they truly appreciated our business with their kindness and warmth. They recommended where to eat and where to visit. We would stay here again when in the area. The room was clean, smelled good and we slept like babies.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank debbieparker
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and I was surprised by how beautiful it was. Upon entry their is a beautiful staircase and chandelier. The lobby furniture was very modern and up to date. The rooms were clean and very spacious. The queen suite included 2 queen size beds, a sofabed, work desk, dining table, jet tub, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, and sink. With all these ammenities there was still plenty of room! Rebecca at the front desk was very helpful and provided us with good customer service. I will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bulverde, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Room was clean, great water pressure, and the breakfast coffee were great. Good Job!!!! The only problem we encountered is getting in and out of the parking lot onto cross roads. Only one way to enter property...Had to make alot of uturns to get in....Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Elysian Fields, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I am a little perplexed by the reviews regarding rude service. I have stayed at this location quite a number of times (I work in L.C. a week each month). I have been staying at the Southside location for a few months but decided to stay here again just for something different. I had honestly forgotten how nice this location was.
If you are one who likes to notice things like hallways, this one is the most attractive of all in town.
I was upgraded to a beautifull room; something NONE of the other Lake Chas/Sulpher HIEX have (ever) done-and should have, considering the amount of money I spend each month and that I am a Platinum member.
Anyway, as has always been the case, service has always been top-notch.
I see no reason you would not enjoy your stay here if passing through. Oh, and this location is always the best priced of all the HIEX in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business