“Great food and atmosphere!”

Ember Grille & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ember Grille & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 268 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I surprised my wife and took her here for our anniversary dinner. We arrived 15 minutes early for our reservation but the hostess seated us right away and wished us a happy anniversary. We started with a bottle of wine, which was very goos but I think they should have more moderately priced wines in their big selection.

We ordered the carpaccio as our appetizer, the meat was delecious but it was sliced too thin and they added too many toppings to it which stole from the taste of the high quality meat.

We both had an 8oz filet and we split the truffle Mac and cheese. Both were amazing and cooked to perfection, they had just the right amount of char and juicy red center. The truffle Mac and cheese was very cheesy and delecious with just the right amount of truffle oil.

We passed on dessert so no review there. There wasn't anything special done for our anniversary, but it wasn't really expected so no big deal.

Our service was very good with no complaints.

The meal was pricey but it was on par with other high end steakhouses and we expected it.

Overall we really enjoyed it and will definitely be going back to Ember!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have stayed at Labuerge du lac on many occasions and had never eaten here. I was with my husband and we decided to make reservations and try it. We arrived at our scheduled reservation time 5:30 which is by the way the time they open for dinner. There wasnt a line and the hostess said oh just take a seat inside the bar and I will come seat you. We were confused because there were already people seated in the eating area , but we sat down and waited. We were there for 10 minutes before my husband went back to the hostess, who was on the phone...and a waiter standing next to her and asked what was up? We were very hungry and just wanted to eat!!! The waiter then took us to a table...but we had to go ask to be seated!
Ordered an 8oz fillet mignon.done medium.with side of baked potato and greenbeans. Husband had pork chop done well.
When my plate came it was the size of a medallion..when I cut into it it was way over well done and the baked potato was hard. I was starving because we had skipped lunch and was so upset about the food...because the prices were high that I ate it anyway...but we complained.
Told the waiter that the steak was way overcooked but I was too darn hungry to wait for another one...He came back saying the Chef had given me the wrong steak! My husband was
upset and asked to speak to the manager. the manager , Steve who said he was sorry for the trouble and would take the steak off our bill. The food was not only taste-less, bland overcooked on the steak and undercooked baked potato..the ceasar salad tasted like mayonaise from the jar! we each had a glass of wine and the bill was still 130.00 and we shared the side orders! If you are looking for Great gourmet food DO NOT spend your money here!!!! The service as for waiters was good, but the total experience was terrible.

4  Thank judybh3ah
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had reserved for dinner here expecting so-so and were pleasantly surprised to find very good service and food that was reminiscent of the Embers I grew up with in DC years ago. Quiet, cozy whether in a group. a couple or with a few friends as I was. Our waiter was knowledgable and prompt with the courses.

Well worth the dollars$$$$

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wonderful service, charming atmosphere and very delicious steaks and sides. A first class experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ate at Embers last night October 3rd. and the food was below average along with the service. My wife ordered the Grouper and there was so much pepper on it that she couldn't eat more than one bite. I ordered a filet medium and it was served well done. My wife returned the Grouper and ordered the filet which came out after waiting 30 minutes which was uncalled for. I was finished eating my dried out steak by then and it was overall a very poor experience.

Our server was too busy kissing up to a party of seven ordering wine, etc. to care for us. Unfortunately I did tip him 20%, the meals were comped by our casino host or I would have raised holy hell in that place, I knew in advance that we had gambled enough to get all of our meals and room comped at L'Auberge du lac where the EmbersGrille is located. We have dined at this place several times and it is always a hit and miss proposition for us in this place but the other options. The actual bill came to $178.00 without alcohol. The wedge salad and shrimp appetizers were served promptly and were decent.

It's a shame but the entire hotel has gone down hill lately, not a dime has been put into the rooms since they opened several years ago. The carpet in out room was stained and the mattress was awful, can you complain when everything is free but the gambling and tips??

Prices were high as noted below but meals were comped!

3  Thank texbuck