“Overall great, but wifi wasn't working with my iPhone” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Lake Charles

SpringHill Suites Lake Charles
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Overall great, but wifi wasn't working with my iPhone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this property for 6 nights recently while visiting family. I found my room comfortable and the staff friendly, but I preferred the breakfast served at La Quinta Lake Charles, where I stayed last year. I live overseas so when I'm in Lake Charles, I rely on my iPhone via wifi to monitor my email and access the internet. Unfortunately, the wifi network at the hotel would not stay connected to my iPhone for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. And when it disconnected, no matter how hard I tried, I usually couldn't get it to reconnect. The first staff member I asked said she was unaware of any issues. I stopped in at a cell phone store and they recommended I update my software. I tried it, but it didn't solve the issue.

I then asked another staff member who said that apple products generally don't work well with their wifi. And I asked one more person at the front desk and they said that their IT person was coming the next day to fix it. If I am looking to stay in Lake Charles in the future, I would only consider this property if I knew for sure that I wouldn't encounter the same problems with wifi.

I found it significantly quieter than LaQuinta but I did require earplugs during the night or else I would get awakened by the rushing water sound when my neighbor's toilet was flushed.

When I arrived, I read the materials in my room describing the hotel's amenities. One of them was supposed to be 24 hour coffee service in the lobby. I had a 5:33 am flight out of Lake Charles on check out day and was checking out of the hotel at approximately 3:30 am. Could have REALLY used that coffee but there was none. And it wasn't like they ran out. The coffee dispensers weren't out period. Yes, there was a coffee maker in my room but I never use those because there usually isn't a sufficient amount of cream and sugar. Besides, I was expecting coffee in the lobby so I didn't think to use the in-room coffee maker before I checked out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pugmama-san
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for your six night stay in Lake Charles! We are glad you found the room comfortable and the staff friendly. Those are the core elements we provide each and every day. We are aware that some devices have trouble connecting to our internet. We have our IT personnel working on a solution to this issue. Coffee is an important staple to many people and we provide that in each guest room. Please stay with us again to see the improvements we have made with our internet service and we promise to make you some coffee!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I like SpringHill for many reasons.

First: Great, friendly, and accommodating staff. Brittany and Jasmine are A++!

Second: Modern swanky decor. (Although for short people, the bath mirror is frustrating very difficult to see for make up application) There's a physical divider between room and desk of suite. They provide paper plates and plastic utensil in microwave. Toilet area is separate from shower area.

Third: Happy Hour! I don't drink alcohol, but there's a bar and happy hour for post work relaxation or pre party fun.

Fourth: Breakfast assortments are nice. Coffee and creamer variety is appreciated. Citrus or Mint water available after work or workout.

Fifth: Very clean.

The only drawback to this property is noise. It is not bad, but if you are sensitive to noise, please see my Wingate review.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed everything during your stay! We hope that you come back and visit us again soon!
Brenham, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is great. The rooms are very modern and cool. The hotel is very clean and also offers a free breakfast each morning. We wanted to stay at lauberge like we always do but they were full. We are regulars so they paid for our room here and you can't go wrong with staying here. We will always stay here if Lauberge is full. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor and we really enjoyed it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you back soon!
Tomball, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great location !! Great nite sleep. Shuttle to the casino starts at 5 pm stops at 1 AM 5 days a week. Close to local eateries...Safe !
Traveling with children. We always leave something behind. And Springhill always come to our recuse. Expect for this visit. YUP..left something in our room.... When I knew the exact location were it was left !. And a complete description of the housekeeper which we greeted as we checked out from the 5th floor !! I even left her A tip..shame shame....

Room Tip: All rooms are mostly noise proof. Expect the folks in the hallway...and don't miss breakfast!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities that we have to offer! As we do cater to a lot of families we take pride in our lost and found system and we strive to be even better. We hope to see you back!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Whatever you do don't tell everybody about this one. The rooms, service, bar, all first class for half the cost of the bigger hotels. Shuttle service to the L'auberge casino. You will miss standing in line checking in and out. Shopping and restaurants walking distance. Thank you to Miosha she is great, understands customer service.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are happy to hear that Miosha made a good impression on you! We hope you will come back and visit!
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

So when we planned out first trip to L'Auberge, we really wanted to stay there, but it was a weekend and the prices were too high. We checked reviews and opted for SpringHill Suites. It was great. The next time we went to Lake Charles, we stayed at L'Auberge and regretted it. We will return to SpringHill for sure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you back soon!
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The SpringHill Suites in Lake Charles, LA is a beautiful hotel. Everything is kept impeccably clean- from the guest rooms down to the common area restrooms. The decor is modern and inviting and the mattresses in the rooms were heavenly. The breakfast area did not disappoint. There were a plethora of options: fresh fruit, eggs/bacon and baked goods. Every staff member I can in contact with was friendly and accommodating Will definitely be staying here again should I ever find myself back in the Lake Charles area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
SpringHill Suit... L, Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Lake Charles, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are ecstatic to hear that you received great service all around and that everything was to your liking! Hope to see you back!