“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

What started out bad ended really well. Jana at the front desk was extremely helpful and is an asset to your company. I made a reservation online but for some reason, it was not in the local system. Jana was diligent in searching for it and when my reservation was not found, she was able to reserve another room for me. It is a pleasure dealing with friendly and accommodating employees like Jana.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I enjoy staying at the Wingate whenver I am in Lake Charles, La. the rooms are always clean and the service by the front staff expecially Mrs. Jana is superb! Wingate supervison has a keeper with her she has excellent people skills and helped make my stay exteremly pleasent! I noticed her helping other customers with the same professional attitude you can tell she enjoys her job.

John

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I walked in, exhausted, to check-in and was immediately impressed by the lobby appearance. There was a man at the desk talking to the reception person. She did not say hi or acknowledge me or make eye contact for about 10 minutes. When he left, she did not smile or say anything but give me my door card. I went to my room which was very nice. Was in my pj's & called the receptionist to ask for a blanket. She said I could come get it. I think she needs some customer service education.
THe bed was very comfortable and in the morning; the food service girl at breakfast was very friendly and helpful.
Overall my experience was great.. with exception of the "flatness" of the receptionist. That was very disappointing because it was my first personal contact.
I did get overcharged by hundreds on my credit card. I had made a reservation for a week and changed it to 2 nights (i informed the front desk about 18 hours prior to my check-out), but I called on Wed & spoke to a very helpful person that sent an email about the error & it was corrected.
Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel appears brand new. The bed linens were luxurious. The hotel is right on the freeway, but we didn't hear any road noise at all. The breakfast options were a little picked over by the time we got there, but there were still enough choices to fill us up nicely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Round Rock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hotel met expectations. The reception desk attendant, Jana, was excellent. What a wonderful personality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple