“Good place to stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The service provided by the front desk was excellent and professional. I demagnetized my key and the lady working the counter was very friendly and receptive to my needs.
The rooms are very modern and spacious. I loved the tall ceilings! I stayed in a room with a KIng size bed (very comfortable) and had to sitting chairs, one with an ottoman, a desk, refrigerator and microwave.
One more thing, the nicest and friendliest person at the hotel was the cook/attendant at the breakfast nook! She was always happy and pleasant to be around.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Gaynell V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

How nice of you to take time to mention your appreciation of our hotel and staff. All employees takes great pride in making sure that our guests feel at home and comfortable. I look forward to your return visit. Happy Travels!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for 2years I'm there every 2weeks. I love the staff all I have to do is call and give my first name . The staff remembers me :) very nice and friendly . Great team!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy work schedule to give the hotel and staff a review. We appreciate your loyalty and LOVE our return guests. Our business guests have unique needs and we take that seriously. We want our business guests to consider us their home away from home.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We really enjoyed ourselves at the hotel. Everything was so clean and the staff was so friendly and helpful. We will definetly return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
GaynellLakeCharlesLa, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to review the hotel. The entire staff takes great pride in providing the best product and service we can. We hope to see you back soon!!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel is by far one of the most cleanest, hotels that I have ever been to. The staff was very friendly and the rooms are immaculate with almost every satellite channel imagineable. The breakfast was the delicious and the variety was excellent. I really enjoyed my stay and I will most definitely return! Keep up the great customer service Wyndham - you are AWESOME!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking valuable time out of your day to give the hotel a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The staff was professional, courteous, and southern friendly. The hotel room was spotless, plenty of comfortable pillows and a very comfortable matterss. They do a housekeeping followup which was a 'first' for me. The breakfast was beyond the normal oatmeal and cheap biscuits' I see in many. The shuttle driver (I think his name was "DK") was a bonus. Very friendly, knew the area, and made us feel very welcome. Overall I found the experience more pleasant than my last stay at L'Auberge where the staff was rude and they carded me every time I walked past them to enter the elevator, and left us standing for over an hour for checkin. I will agree that they don't air condition the elevators, and infrequently occupied areas, but that is common in most businesses, Wyndam prides themselves in being green, I don't see that as a problem. Yes, it is a bit noisy, but that is more of a construction issue common in many hotels. I won't fault local management for that, but would recommend the corporation spend some research $$$ in improving this.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
GaynellLakeCharlesLa, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. Your feedback is appreciated and very helpful. We always intend to strive to be our best and I am glad that you were able to enjoy and appreciate DK. Our entire staff is committed to the best it can be for all of our guests.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Front desk staff not very helpful to colleagues as a group of us checked in. Housekeeping staff was terrible w the exception of one great worker. The room was fairly clean and small but in poor repair for such a new property. The a/c worked well but the hotel apparently doesn't air condition hallways and common areas with the exception of the lobby and small gym room. In high humidity and sweltering temperatures, this is definitely not a guest-friendly move. For two days there appeared to be less than 10 people staying at the hotel, then about 6 more checked in. Rather than spreading the guests out, thy bunched everyone together. The neighbors were up, in and out of their rooms until 3:30am, having a great time yelling and slamming doors etc. The walls are very thin in this hotel. Traffic noise is also an issue here as it sits between a busy intersection and a freeway offramp. One upside is the hotel is close to a Target and shopping center. Overall, even with the limited new hotels available in Lake Charles, I think one ould probably find a better place to stay. Kind of a shame as they could have a great business here with better management. The hotel didn't appear to put their guests first.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room away from the freeway side of the building. I'd uggest the first floor be...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

It is with great interest and confusion that I read this review. As manager, I would sincerely have been interested in personal contact to address this situation. Our hotel is kept in excellent condition and cannot remember a time since its opening that any one group or customer would have an experience such as this. The hotel has regular maintenance and is kept in excellent condition. I am always interested in guest's feedback as it is my highest priority that all guests are comfortable and have a most enjoyable experience.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at the Wingate July 5, 2012. Our first choice was the L'Auberge Casino, but they were sold out. The Wingate turned out to be a better deal. The room was reasonably priced and staff very accommodating. The front desk manager was friendly and even called to ensure us that our room was still available as it was 11:00pm when we finally checked in. We stayed in one of the suites which was huge. The room was clean, bed comfortable and very quiet (I didn't hear a sound). They have a wonderful complimentary breakfast (not just muffins). I really enjoyed my stay at the Wingate and will stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DSenegal

A BIG THANKS for taking the time to review our hotel. We take the comfort of our guests very seriously and it is always nice to hear that our guests appreciate that. Again thanks, and VISIT SOON!!