La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area
$80
ComfortSuites
$87
Great 4.5/5
Red Roof Inn & Suites Lake Charles(Lake Charles)(Great Value!)
$69
$71
$95
$70
Good 3.5/5
Best Western Bayou Inn & Suites(Lake Charles)(Great Value!)
$87
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront deskprien lakeroom was cleanrefrigerator and microwaveshopping and restaurantsbusiness triphousekeeping staffnext morninggreat customer servicewould stay here againwafflesenjoyed my stayfree breakfastgolden nuggetlqpetthermostat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was staying in Lake Charles twice over the course of a week or so and chose La Quinta based on Trip Advisor reviews. Some issues cropped up during my stays that the La Quinta handled beautifully and confirmed I had chosen wisely.

Yes, the noise can travel through the walls at times but I wasn't disturbed by it. It's always advisable to travel with earplugs to use in these types of situations. I had a pair but didn't feel they were necessary.

First problem I needed help with was a package was being shipped to me at the hotel. It was handled fine. Second problem was, at the end of my first stay, we checked out and got on the road to Baton Rouge. It wasn't until 11 pm that I realized I had left my iPad inside the room safe at the La Quinta. I called but a guest was in the room and nothing could be done right then. But the next morning, I called a relative in Lake Charles who stopped by and retrieved my iPad for me. Thanks to Sandra Cezar for handling everything professionally.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I were broken down at the Harley Davidson shop. The nice people there recommended and called the La Quinta Inn for us. There were only 3 rooms available. Thank goodness we were able to get one.
We were dropped off by a lady who worked at Harley Davidson.
We were greeted as we walked in the door by 2 of the friendliest people we've seen in a hotel. ( And we stay in many of them.) We were checked in and were so pleased to see a perfect room. Couldn't ask for more.
We had a nice night and when it came time to check out, we were met (surprisingly) in the lobby by the Dir. of Sales, Alicia Boutte, who drove us to the Harley dealership! Wow! If you have to be broken down this is the way to do it.
Thank you Alicia and the staff at La Quinta, Lake Charles!!!!! We Love ya'll!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were traveling through Lake Charles in I10 heading west. We picked the La Quinta based on good reviews from other users but I can't imagine why those people would ever want to stay here. The staff was friendly, I have no complaints about them. The walls were super thin so we could hear everything going on around us, including people in their rooms across the hall from us and I don't believe they were being abnormally loud, I just believe the hotel walls are thin and the doors have no sound proofing. There's nothing around this hotel unless you're going to the casino so I'm not sure what could possibly motivate people to believe this hotel would be worth the cost. There's only one restaurant anywhere near there. For the money and had I been more familiar with the area I would have gone one more exit west on I 10 and stayed on the next exit with nicer hotels and many more "things" around the hotels there. The breakfast was cold and gross. The bathroom door wouldn't stay open, which I know isn't a big deal but it kept hitting me as I was attempting to put my makeup on. There was absolutely no water pressure and what pressure there was shot straight out the side of the shower head so that by the time I got done with my relatively quick shower there was a pool of water that traveled from the bathroom into the hall and the living area and I had to scoot around to dry it up while the bathroom door kept closing on me. The toilet wouldn't flush unless you sat there and played with it. And the room was awkwardly laid out. Again for the money go another exit, not sure the La Quinta on the next exit is better but it couldn't be worse.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay get a room on the non loop side and not on the stair case or elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jillianne G
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband was staying in their hotel for work on a lengthy assignment, as often happened away from family. It was his birthday! I wanted to order a cake for him and could not find a place to deliver and I was in Alabama! I called the manager Alicia for assistance. She went way out of her way, drove to the bakery on her lunch hour, picked it up and had it in his room before he returned!! She is an exceptional manager and is an asset to their company for sure!

Thanks again Alicia.