Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poollovely hotelfront desk staffclean propertybusiness centerweekend staybooked roomsawesome stayjeromeihg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was nice, clean and I didn't really spend that much time in room. I would stay again and I liked the fact that the king suite had a separate sitting area with sofa bed and bedroom. The bathroom was spacious and the shower wasn't small and cramped.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biancaolivo
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i stayed had a long drive and needed some rest with our kids. We are holiday inn reward members so we chose holiday inn it was 11 at night booked the room.
We checked in, our room had beer bottle open, half eaten moon pie, wet towels on bathroom floor. We paid 190.00 for this garbage, thats what being a holiday inn honor got us.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Jacenda H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the overall cleanliness of your room may have caused you. Rest assured, your valuable comments are noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate department to be addressed accordingly. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Me and my family were in a road trip to Disney World and on our way back to Texas we stayed here. I chose this hotel because it had great reviews, but my experience was terrible. Good first: Near the Interstate and Very Nice Staff.
Bad stuff: We are still aching for all the bed bug stings we have. I have pictures to prove it. The bathroom was dirty, lots of hair near the toilet, the bathtub need serious scrubbing, dirty and lots of soap scum. The carpet dirty as well. We didn't complained because we were very very tired from the road and wanted to go to the indoor pool. Now, when you chose a hotel with an indoor pool you think it'll be warm right? This was COLD! My kids splashed a little bit, but we couldn't handle it for more than 15 minutes. The surroundings do not seem safe.
We had a bad experience here. Sorry to say it, but i wouldn't recommend it at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear JoseLuisAngeles,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel has been built within the past 5 years, and is still pretty new and fresh-looking. The suite was fine--nothing special, but nothing to complain about, either. I heard that someone in a different room found mold on the inside lid of the ice-bucket, but I did not have the opportunity to check mine. In Southwest Louisiana, a little mold in a dark, damp spot can be very difficult to prevent, so I don't take off for that. We did not try the restaurant, and the bar closes at 9 p.m. even on weekends, so it's kind of pointless. However, the hotel was very tolerant when we took our own beverages out onto the "back porch" area late one night. Generally, they treated our whole group well. The place was clean and well-maintained.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back really far from the street, so there should be minimal street noise no matter where your room is.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Found the hotel to be very clean and the staff was real professional and helpful. Not in a great part of town, but we had no issues. Indoor pool got a little crowded and was noisy. Overall, a good experience and value.

• Stayed: July 2013