“Would be excellent if everything worked”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
San Antonio, Texas
“Would be excellent if everything worked”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The primary reason I booked this hotel was for the jacuzzi and indoor pool. I knew it was going to be bad weather, but wanted to relax in a hot tub. Well, the tub was luke warm at best. I was really disappointed. Staff was great, room was clean, location ok. Breakfast at restaurant was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
holidayinnlakecharle, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Holiday Inn during your last visit.

We have referred your review and appreciate your observations.

Glad to note your positive comment on the hotel staff, rooms and location.

We shall take it seriously and wholeheartedly for improvement of all the amenities including the hot tub.

Please stay with us again.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here on business recently and while the property is new and clean, I had some issues with it.
Priceline has it rated at 3 stars probably because it can technically claim to be a full service hotel as it has a resturaunt as well as a lounge, but this is misleading because although these places do exist they very have limited hours, I believe the resturaunt is open 6am - 10am and again from 4pm -10PM and the lounge from 4pm-10pm both started rolling up the carpets at 9:30pm the night I was there.

So while they are able to just technically slide in under the 3 star rating, and charge every cent of the high end 3 star price (just under $150 per night) I certinly didn't feel like I was in a full service hotel.

The posted check in time was 3pm, I arrived a 2:30pm and was very curtly told by the gal at the front desk that check in time was at 3pm and no rooms would be ready until then... Really?? there were a total of 11 cars in the entire parking lot at the time and half of those had to be employees so I would find it extrordenary that they didn't have a single room ready.

I went and had lunch and returned at 3:30pm to check in. I am a priority club gold member, I even booked my reservation through the priority club website yet at no time during my stay was I ever recognized as such in any way shape or form, no priority check in, key not ready, the clerk had to search for my reservation, no room up grade, not even the complimentry USA today newspaper the next morning.... Nothing.

While hotel loyality clubs these days are certinly not what they used to be, I can't remember the last time I saw a more blatent disreguard for the program as I did here.

The room, while clean enough was bare bones basic Holiday Inn, nothing at all remarkable about it in any way what so ever, either no view at all or perhaps a view of the parking lot partially obstruced by a wall, don't recall exactly I just remember that it wasn't worth opening the curtins for.

Bottom line, this is really a 2 star property with an off chance of being able to get somthing to eat or drink if you happen to be there during the few hours in the morning or afternoon that they are open, do not expect a standard 3 star experience.

Room Tip: Don't bother arriving early, check in time is 3pm and not a second before
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank outlaw1865
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Holiday Inn and we appreciate the time taken to write the review.

We take each of the review quite seriously.

Our apologies for any inconvenience you had with the stay.

We investigated the points mentioned in the lengthy review and have taken each of the responsible department to task to ensure that it never happens again.

We hope you would appreciate our efforts and do visit us to confirm this.

You will find your next stay a really nice experience.

Gueydan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've never posted a comment but I felt very disappointed with our stay. I paid extra to have an Executive room and I really can't say it was worth it.

The Good- the hotel is clean and the rooms are large.

The Bad- when I made reservations, I chose this hotel because it offered a 2 queen bed Executive non smoking room and I was told it was going to be the quite floor. At 2 in the morning people were coming and going making so much noise. My son and I didn't get any sleep. So much for the quite floor.

The Ugly- check in is at 3 pm so we arrived at 4 pm and our room was still not ready. We had to wait. The other thing is that the beds are really not comfortable at all.

Room Tip: Find another hotel....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AngelaT10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear AngelaT10,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I am glad you found our clean and hotel and large rooms commendable. I am disappointed to hear you received service that was less than satisfactory. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the check in process, uncomfortable beds and noise from our other guests may have caused. Your comments will help us improve our services and offer a great experience for our guest. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Groesbeck, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everyone here has been wonderful. Very professional and helpful staff! The food is amazing also, and not overpriced!
It is a little hard to find because it sits off the road a little.. Outstanding stay. I would reccomended it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Wrightgirl1965
Gulf Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Nice stay This was a very comfortable stay front desk were very friendly and helpful. I have always been reluctant to stay at H.Inn because of a horrible experience at one in Houston years ago but this one felt personal and so friendly helpful with cabs etc..room was large bed comfy, microwave and Fridge.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is NOT your "Grandmother's" Holiday Inn! Lovely hotel with great service, and definitely an upscale Holiday Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpfula nd the rooms were large, clean, and very nicely appointed. They even have a nice bar and sitting area downstairs. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor - no road noise, quiet and very clean. GREAT beds.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Nice hotel. Breakfast not included, but has small restaurant which has good breakfast for $7 to $10. Worst thing: free wifi not compatible with IPads for some reason. Complained and was told "we get that complaint a lot.". I won't stay there again till this is corrected as I use my iPad to work.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn for your stay.

Appreciate your review and regret the inconvenience.

Nice to note that you liked the hotel.

We shall definitely look into your comment and make the wifi alright.

We have also taken steps to improve the hospitality, cleanliness and amenities.

Please consider visiting us again.