“Pet friendly and convenient location”

Red Roof Inn Lake Charles
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel is on the outskirts of Lake Charles. In the way of restaurants there is not much around. We went to see family so this wasn't a big deal as they guided us to local restaurants. I'm sure the hotel staff would have been willing to give suggestions, also; they were all very friendly. We chose this hotel primarily because it is pet friendly. The hotel is next to a railroad track, but we never heard any noise from trains while we were in our room. Our only noise issue was with the people in the room above ours. It sounded like they were getting up and dancing with concrete boots on in the middle of the night. So if you are a light sleeper, request the top floor. The breakfast could have used a little more protein options. Sausage biscuits were the only protein offered; yogurt and/or boiled eggs would have been a good addition. All-in-all a good hotel and I would recommend for people looking for a reasonably priced hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor so you don't hear the people above you stomping around.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear , Guest
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lake Charles Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. For future Reservations please call us at Hotel's direct phone number 337-990-0165.

Your thoughtfulness to take the time to write a positive comment about Red Roof Inn Lake Charles is overwhelming, THANK YOU.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Overall, our stay was nice. The rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly. There were not a lot of choices for breakfast but it offered your typical items such as coffee, juice, milk, cereal, muffins, waffles, and bagels. We stayed for a week and got a great price for staying 7 days. The location was close to the interstate which made it easy to get anywhere in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very easy to get to and just off of I -10. Staff was very friendly and willing to please. The room was very clean and they had just put down new wood floors throughout the hotel. The price was around $90 and we were in town for ball tournaments so compared to other hotels there this was a no brainer. I will definitely stay there next year without question.

• Stayed: March 2014
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was an overall really good experience. Rooms were very clean, area did feel safe, and the staff members were very friendly. My only complaint was that they did not have coffee in the rooms, and most hotels in this price range do. I really hope that they add that later or at least make it an option. That being said, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Close to the freeway, area felt safe. Room was large clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and had a nice variety, although the coffee pots ran out at 8 AM and the staff did not notice. Wi-Fi was strong, TV was good with many channels. Halls did seem smoky, although we did have a non-smoking room.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Rooms always clean .staff always friendly and helpful. Just a great place to stay. I stay here at least 2 to 3 times a week. Never had a problem with the rooms or the staff. They always ask me if I need anything let them know. As long as I come to lake Charles I"ll always stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Hotel was nice considering the price. Breakfast included waffles, apples, oranges, microwave sausage biscuits and a few other small items. The coffee was cold but was replaced immediately when the staff was notified.

• Stayed: February 2014
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014