“Clean, new looking, good location and helpful staff.”

Red Roof Inn Lake Charles
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed the stay. Comfortable bed and large bathroom. The kids really enjoyed the hot waffles for breakfast.

We would gladly stay here again. The whole hotel exudes quality and is really nice, especially for the reasonable rates.

• Stayed: September 2012
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear, Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lake Charles Red Roof.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were on our way back to Texas from Florida and needed a room late at night. The room was clean, staff friendly and good breakfast. The waffler maker was great for the kids. Much nicer hotel than you would expect for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012
paramguru, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I recently evacuated from Hurricane Isaac! I arrived at another hotel brand, only to find out that it was a dump and they were price gouging! At this point, I was stressed and frustrated! I looked up hotels in the area and found this hotel! From the moment that Pat answered the phone to the time of check out, everything was wonderful! I travel often and have stayed at very nice hotels! This hotel was clean, easy to get to, and very accommodating! I cannot speak highly enough about Pat! She exceeded my expectations and made a bad situation a better one.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double room however the king suite was nice and very spacious!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
paramguru, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Reviewed September 1, 2012

How's this for asking a lot? 2 Days before Hurricane Isaac my wife, 2 kids(ages 6yrs & 3yrs), dog and cat are looking for a "pet friendly" hotel to ride out the storm. I don't want anyplace dangerous, smelly or old. I want it inexpensive and I want it close to some amenities. This Red Roof Inn was ALL OF THAT and more!! The hotel is new, clean and less than 2 minutes from I-10. Jumping on I-10 gets you to a variety of stores, restaurants and even a Home Depot within 20 minutes! Want to try out L'Auberge du Lac Casino but don't have $250 + a night? Also 20 minutes from this hotel which is $99 a night. Swimming pool, coin operated laundry facilities and EXTREMELY helpful and friendly staff!! Free Continental breakfast (WITH waffle maker) every morning. Free wifi. I really don't know what else I can say. We extended our stay by one night because the storm was slow moving. The day of the extension, went downstairs, asked for one more night, 2 clicks on the computer...Done. No fuss, extra charges, complaints of needing to know sooner...just results. It's called customer service, guys and this hotel has it and DEFINITELY more! My daughter actually cried the morning we had to leave and she has stayed with us on many vacations on the Gulf Coast, California etc. Give them a try and you will not regret it!

1  Thank Robbf5

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed August 12, 2012 for one night. Easy to find just off 1-10. Friendly staff, family run business. Staff will direct you to restaurants 3-4 miles away without having to travel on I-10. Nice starter breakfast. A/C was a bit noisy but not a deal breaker. I would have no problem staying again.

1  Thank Tal-travelers
paramguru, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for the Moore/Colbert Family Reunion on August 11th 2012. I had booked several rooms, and Mrs. Patel was kind enough to hold them for me. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to us all. The kids had an exciting time swimming and running in the Hallway!!!!!!!The rooms were clean and comfortable. we will be back in 2014 again for our Family Reunion. Thanks Again!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We liked this new Red Roof style with inside doors. Very nice rooms with marble in bath. Very clean and neat. Had micro and frig. Very friendly staff. Had wifi.

Could have nicer towels-they were thin.

New and good location.

Room Tip: Choose an upper room to avoid noise of guests coming and going
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
paramguru, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012