“Great place to work and stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great place to work and stay”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Wonderful place to stay while traveling for work. The staff is courteous and helpful. We stay there all the time when working in Lake Charles. Plenty of good resturants just down the road on Hwy 171. Great little hotel bar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from our property. We take pride in ensuring our guests feel welcome and appreciated and my staff will be pleased to hear we are doing a Great Job! We look forward to hosting you on your next trip through Lake Charles!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our rooms were not available when we arrived between 5-6 p.m. so they gave us a 10% discount coupon to a local restaurant. Our room was large with a wall between the sitting area and the bed. Because of this wall and the placement of the TV, not everyone sitting on the couch could see the TV. The breakfast room had a good layout making it easy to access everything. Breakfast was good with the normal variety of items. The staff was very friendly both during check-in and check-out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I do apologize for the delay in room availability as we should always have our rooms ready by 3pm, however there may be situations that prevent 100% of our rooms from being ready on time during busy Baseball Season (May). I am pleased to hear my Staff was able to offer you a discount for a local restaurant. We are working on adding additional TV's to our Suites to provide everyone in the room visibility. I look forward to the opportunity to host you again for your Lake Charles needs.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff is very nice and helpful. If you ask them what there is to do, they are able to tell you things in the area and have maps readily available for you. The rooms are large and clean. The beds are GREAT. I will stay with this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your great review of our property! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to the opportunity to host you again soon. We are constantly looking for new and exciting ways to further improve our standards and service!
Mt. Calm
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Beds are a bit hard and old furniture but the morning staff is great. Location right off the interstate makes for an easy return to your trip. The lady running the breakfast bar was outstanding. They had two bus loads of kids their and she managed to keep up, with keeping plenty of food out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I do apologize you did not find comfort in our beds, as we have pillow top mattresses and fluffy pillows. Our furniture is in the process of being replaced as we speak! I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and my attendant will be happy to hear you commended her work.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a jacuzzi ste. during our stay and so far this is the nicest one at any location we've been to so far. The room had a faux fireplace with glowing logs and flickering flames that served as a heater. The fireplace was parallel to the jacuzzi which actually was a 2 person jac not a whirlpool tub. The only thing about the jac. that I would suggest the hotel invest in would be a step to get in and out of. It has about a foot long granite arm to put candles or towels on, so it makes it a little difficult to get in and out w/o sliding off, which was really cold lol or standing up on and kinda leaping out. Of course we put a towel down to slide out of so it kinda fixed the problem. The jets worked well and you could also watch tv from that angle. The bed was super comfy and the a/c worked great. Also a big plus they don't have the coffee maker in the bathroom which all of the choice hotels I've stayed in so far have, which in my personal opinion is nauseating in the morning lol, Thank you!!! And....they have grits along with just about anything else you might want to eat for breakfast. The front desk managers were all super friendly and informative. One suggested eating at steamboat bills and the crawfish were great. Its also really close to all of the casinos which was a plus. Overall this was my favorite hotel to book a jacuzzi ste. with and we will most definently be back.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank WeLuvJacuzziSuites
Thank you so much for your detailed review of our Master Suite! I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and my breakfast attendant will be pleased you enjoyed her breakfast! I will have my General Manager look into the step for the room, as it is a little on the high side. Your review is greatly appreciated and I'm sure travelers will appreciate your details as much as I do!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Comfort Suites is very clean with a large suite room. The front desk people were efficient and friendly. The breakfast was very nice with several choices. The welcome cookies are great. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our property! We pride ourselves on hand selecting our staff to ensure we have the best people to provide you with the best experience possible! I am pleased you enjoyed our property and it is always nice to hear from our guests. We will keep the cookies coming..hot and fresh for your next visit.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The wife and I went to Lake Charles for the weekend and stayed here. Hotel located close to the movie we went see and the casino we went eat the buffet at.
A very nice,clean spacious room. The staff and management were second to none.
There was a very nice breakfast. Very quite and peaceful. Will return here on our next run and hide weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay! It is always nice to have a dependable getaway destination. If you will be returning between now and Valentines Day, be sure to book online and take advantage of our Valentine's Day special! I think you and your wife would enjoy your special weekend away.