“Awsome Layout and Excellent Amenities!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a jacuzzi ste. during our stay and so far this is the nicest one at any location we've been to so far. The room had a faux fireplace with glowing logs and flickering flames that served as a heater. The fireplace was parallel to the jacuzzi which actually was a 2 person jac not a whirlpool tub. The only thing about the jac. that I would suggest the hotel invest in would be a step to get in and out of. It has about a foot long granite arm to put candles or towels on, so it makes it a little difficult to get in and out w/o sliding off, which was really cold lol or standing up on and kinda leaping out. Of course we put a towel down to slide out of so it kinda fixed the problem. The jets worked well and you could also watch tv from that angle. The bed was super comfy and the a/c worked great. Also a big plus they don't have the coffee maker in the bathroom which all of the choice hotels I've stayed in so far have, which in my personal opinion is nauseating in the morning lol, Thank you!!! And....they have grits along with just about anything else you might want to eat for breakfast. The front desk managers were all super friendly and informative. One suggested eating at steamboat bills and the crawfish were great. Its also really close to all of the casinos which was a plus. Overall this was my favorite hotel to book a jacuzzi ste. with and we will most definently be back.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank WeLuvJacuzziSuites
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your detailed review of our Master Suite! I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and my breakfast attendant will be pleased you enjoyed her breakfast! I will have my General Manager look into the step for the room, as it is a little on the high side. Your review is greatly appreciated and I'm sure travelers will appreciate your details as much as I do!

Regards,
Brandy Johnson
Director of Sales

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Comfort Suites is very clean with a large suite room. The front desk people were efficient and friendly. The breakfast was very nice with several choices. The welcome cookies are great. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our property! We pride ourselves on hand selecting our staff to ensure we have the best people to provide you with the best experience possible! I am pleased you enjoyed our property and it is always nice to hear from our guests. We will keep the cookies coming..hot and fresh for your next visit.

Regards,
Brandy Johnson
Director of Sales

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The wife and I went to Lake Charles for the weekend and stayed here. Hotel located close to the movie we went see and the casino we went eat the buffet at.
A very nice,clean spacious room. The staff and management were second to none.
There was a very nice breakfast. Very quite and peaceful. Will return here on our next run and hide weekend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay! It is always nice to have a dependable getaway destination. If you will be returning between now and Valentines Day, be sure to book online and take advantage of our Valentine's Day special! I think you and your wife would enjoy your special weekend away.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Exactly what you expect from a Comfort Suites, the rooms are actually suites. Good rate, clean room, clean bathroom, clean sheets, and more than enough pillows! Parking was well lit, and surrounded by a 7 foot privacy fence. No problems No complaints!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy J, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your review on our hotel. All feedback is valued and appreciated. We strive for excellence and take pride in providing the best quaility for your Home Away from Home! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice stay. Pleasant front desk. Room accomodations were spotless. Super easy check in/out. Kudos to the staff! We had a special needs request and the request was granted upon check in with no problems!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa C

Thank you for your kind words! It is always nice to hear from our guests and I enjoy printing out reviews for my staff to read. Our guests are very important to us and we do our best to ensure 100% customer satifcation.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am in it for the $50 Gas Card this summer. This particular property wins, hands down, as the dirtiest and noisiest Comfort Suites I have been in this summer (18 times now). The carpets and furniture are stained with god knows what and the Whirlpool has brown water. Yuck!!!

To be fair, the towels are softer than the Hampton Inn Towels, which is where I normally stay.

I was in the Peace Corps and I will not let this particular experience deter my goal of obtaining $500 in gass cards this summer. Yes...I am a gas Card [--].

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hankhillpropane

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I do apologize we did not meet your expectations, please do not let your one experience deter you from staying with our property again. I can assure you we are a wonderful property. July is a very busy month for us. Lake Charles hosts many baseball tournaments and the teams/parents can get a little loud on their way back into the hotel (which is understandable after a team win) We do our best to ensure they do not disrupt our other guests and any complaint my front desk receives is taken care of immediately. Given your room had a whirlpool, you must have stayed in our Master Suite (which should be in fantastic condition. My Head Housekeeper is looking into the cleanliness of this room immediately. We did have a few situations this summer where the city flushed the pipes which caused brown water to flow through our hotel (you might have ran your water at that time and I apologize) After a busy summer, some of our furniture did have a few spots on them, but rest assured we steam cleaned all of our furniture to ensure top quality and cleanliness. I look forward to the opportunity to host you again and show you how spectacular our hotel is!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

This was my first stay with this hotel chain, there were some things that I liked and some I did not care for at all, unfortunetly the minuses outweighed the pluses in my opinion.

First of all, the main web site for Comfort suites claims "oversized suites with seperate living and sleeping area's that allow you to strech out and relax in", which is quite misleading at least at this location. The rooms are in no way oversized, in fact they are on the cramped side by US standards. and as far as seperate living and sleeping areas, it is really just one room with a half wall seperating the beds and a tiny loveseat and coffee table. Bathroom was very basic and also on the small side.

The two queen bed room that I was in claimed it slept 4 adults which would be un believeably crowded, I can't imagine anyone being able to stretch out or relax for that matter as the site claims.

The have a pool onsite but I'm not sure why they bothered as it is the smallest pool I have ever seen at a hotel (Including motel 6) it looked to be aprox 10 ft wide and 4ft deep at the deep end. This area of the country gets absolutly sweltering during the summer months and I can imagine the water in that tiny shallow pool being like a hot tub without the jets in summer which couldn't possibly be refreshing.

The hotel is located off by itself well out of the established hotel zone in an older urban / residential type area aprox 8- 10 miles from either of the main casino's, didn't look to be the safest area of town either.

There were a few pluses and it's only fair to mention them as well, Although the carpets were noticably worn, the rooms were otherwise clean and the beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast was one of the best I have seen in a while, clearly a cut above the average.

The hotel staff was very friendly and they have a full service cocktail lounge on site that is open in the evenings which is always a big plus in my book, unfortunetly though even with these important pluses I still came away with the feeling that there was nothing really here that would cause me to return next time I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business